Software that will replace words or punctuation?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" (2010) 2.4 GHz i5, 8 GB RAM, 250GB SSD & 750 GB 7200 rpm HDD, 10.10
Hi, i was just wonder if there is any software around that can replace words or punctuation?

I basically have long lists of songs by various artists to add to spreadsheets and some columns are similar but i need to be able to change for instance a - to a , for the different columns e.g "artist - song" to "artist , song" as it's rather tedious to change each one when you have a list of like 200+.

i've seen there's software to change file names but is there a way to change large quantities of text? could something like word do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Microsoft Word can do this.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" (2010) 2.4 GHz i5, 8 GB RAM, 250GB SSD & 750 GB 7200 rpm HDD, 10.10
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi, i was just wonder if there is any software around that can replace words or punctuation?

i've seen there's software to change file names but is there a way to change large quantities of text? could something like word do this?

You might want to provide some more information as to your computer type, OS installed (Windows vs. OS X), how your data is currently stored, and what programs/apps are present on your computer, e.g. word processor, spreadsheet, and/or others?

There are plenty of programs/apps and offer 'find & replace' features - one already mention; but on my MBPro, Pages & Numbers will do the same - Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.