Mouse/keyboard with Tiger?

Reaction score
Hi

I have got a little problem. I have got a 2 years old MacBook (OSX10.4, IC2D). I used to use a might mouse with it, but it broke down. Now I started thinking about buying a new wireless mouse as well as a wireless keyboard.
There is just one catch - Apple does not seem to sell equipment for "old" computers no more. All of the stuff in the Apple store requires at least late Leopard. Upgrading the OS is not an option for me.

I do have found a seller of a wireless mighty mouse online. I doubt that there will be trouble with that one, as these were around when I bought the computer. However, I can't find no "old" Apple wireless keyboard. Do you guys know if the new keyboards work with Tiger? What else could I do? It seems truely odd that I can't find no keyboards to use.

I must also admit that I am very surprised to see that there actually is trouble associated with buying basic accessories to brand-named suposed-quality computers. I mean, for my PC's, no matter their age, I can simply walk in to a store and buy any random keyboard/mouse and it will work.

Thanks for taking time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You could always but an MS or other wireless keyboard, after all, its an older MS keyboard I am using right now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
OP
H
Reaction score
It would be conviniant to stick with the Apple brand, but I sense that it will be troublesome. I think I'll try to dig a little deeper into this. If I can't find no Apple stuff that works, I just go to the local store and buy something random. (and cheap)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I just go to the local store and buy something random. (and cheap)

I'm with you on the "cheap" factor, but do be careful. You 'gets what you pays for', so take your MacBook with you to test what you might buy.

OP
H
Reaction score
I'm still curious about if anyon has actually tried a new wireless keyboard with a tiger MacBook. A keyboard should not be rocket science..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
It will work, I dont even have to load he MS drivers for my wireless MS keyboard and mouse to work.

But like all things, dont buy the absolute cheapest brand, go for something you are happy with the design and feel, be it MS, logitech or some other brand

The MS keyboard worked with my old G4 with Tiger, as well as my new Macbook running Leopard

OP
H
Reaction score
Well, I'm confidant that pretty much any MS keyboard would do. They work - that's what they do. ;)

I meant that I was curious if anyone had tried a new Apple keyboard with a Tiger MacBook with any kind of result.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.