Tweetbot is amazing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Just going to say it, but Tweetbot is probably the most beautifully designed app I've ever used on an iOS device. Definitely worth the $1.99 if you're looking for a Twitter client:

Tweetbot — Tapbots

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
:( I want it! Too bad I need a iOS device first :p

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
It's silly to buy a Twitter app... until now! The layout is so well thought out. It's not a universal app, but I'm just going to go ahead and use it as my default Twitter app on the iPad anyways.

The strongest features lie in its composing, services, and navigation.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should review for the blog. Hint hint.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd do it but I'm writing one on Screens right now. :)

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
It is pretty - almost makes me want to start tweeting - but I don't have enough interesting things to say during the day :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I bought it as well, mainly just because of all the hype.

It is nice, though I'm not sure if I'm finding it as incredible useful as some. The weird workaround for push notifications through boxcar is a bit offputting (I need push for a work account I run) and so far I've only really found swipe for conversations and related tweets really useful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
How is it so much different than the free official app? Seems a bit crazy to buy something that is free already but just has a different skin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It certainly is a very attractive app. However, I keep finding myself returning to the official Twitter app.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It certainly is a very attractive app. However, I keep finding myself returning to the official Twitter app.

Curious what you like better about the official app?

Reaction score
I tried it out, and while it's the best looking Twitter app, I just find myself coming back to Echofon.

The MAIN reason why, quoted RT's.. I HATE quoted RT's.. Give me the RT with comment any day over that.

I LOVE the Official Twitter app because of it's simple, yet elegant design, but I couldn't get past the quoted RT.

Echofon looks similar to the Official App, but it's got the RT with comment option.

Tweetbot is amazing and it may be something I switch to once it matures a bit more. I'd like a little bit more in terms of account options and RT style.

Reaction score
I've never really considered a third party app for Twitter but this really looks good. I'm not sure why I've only used the official one because I know that others offer extra features. I guess I'm just comfortable with what I know.

Can someone explain the whole push thing with TweetBot? Thanks :)

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's for alerts to tell you that you have a reply, etc.

Personally I've always found them annoying and even had them turned off in the official client when I used it.

IMHO, if you use Twitter at all frequently, when you're in the app, it has visual notification that you have new @replies. I don't really know why I would need it to pop up boxes at me or badge the app. If you use Twitter that infrequently, then the @replies are probably not important anyway.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I bought Tweetbot earlier... curiosity got the better of me. It's the first 'non-official' Twitter client I've ever used. I think it's great. There was something not quite right at first but when I put the text size down to small (from the pretty big medium default) it looked much better. I can't pinpoint what it is that I like the most about the app - it's generally just really slick throughout and it seems to run extremely quickly :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
After a few weeks of trying it out, I've finally converted to Tweetbot. I really enjoy the style and functionality. Additionally, I find that I don't really miss notifications.

Reaction score
I completely agree. I first said I'd keep the official Twitter installed so I could see notifications but I soon deleted it. I've used Tweetbot ever since :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.