Calling all photoshoppers..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP: 2.53GHz Intel Core 2, 4GB DDR3, OS 10.6.8
anyone able to make all the lines in this image black for me?

Obey-Giant-War-by-Number.jpg

Reaction score
are you asking for like everything colored to be black or you want a an outline of everything in black?

OP
y0itsj0hn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
whatever you want to do man... basically i'm getting this tattooed on in under a week so i have that much time to decide on the color scheme.. i dont know what to do other than all black but like i feel it might loose too much of its essence and look flat ya know? feel free to change the color scheme a million different ways man..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Adobe Photoshop is the wrong tool for what you're asking for.

You'd have better luck asking for someone with Adobe Illustrator skills.

Overall, if you're getting it tattooed you should take it to your artist.
They are going to have to redraw it anyway, so you can save a step and just have your tattoo artist do it for you.

OP
y0itsj0hn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Adobe Photoshop is the wrong tool for what you're asking for.

You'd have better luck asking for someone with Adobe Illustrator skills.

Overall, if you're getting it tattooed you should take it to your artist.
They are going to have to redraw it anyway, so you can save a step and just have your tattoo artist do it for you.

thanks man it's already drawn and sized though and it's just a matter of filling it all in black, parts black, or mad different colors ya know?

think i should repost a thread with "adobe illustrator skills" in the title?

EDIT:
thanks man it's already drawn and sized though and it's just a matter of filling it all in black, parts black, or mad different colors ya know?

by it's already drawn i mean the stencil is already drawn to the size he's going to do. the stencil is drawn with all black outlines but he said he can easily go over any of the lines in any color, it's just a matter of deciding on what to do ya know

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Do I get anything out of this? :p

picture3sj9.gif

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What application did you use CR? Looks great.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Photoshop and Illustrator.

OP
y0itsj0hn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do I get anything out of this? :p

picture3sj9.gif

YES! reps, lol, for what they're worth. if i could give you a high five i would do that as well but you'll have to settle for reps. Seriously though man that looks great, i dont know if i'll do it like that it kinda looses a little bit in the lips and grenade/flower dont ya think?

OP
y0itsj0hn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
had this girl do the original image in a gray scale for me, basically what i wanted originally but didnt realize it, i can host and post the image if anyone's interested. if not, thanks again to CR

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
had this girl do the original image in a gray scale for me, basically what i wanted originally but didnt realize it, i can host and post the image if anyone's interested. if not, thanks again to CR

Sure I would like to see it in Grayscale.

I got bored and kind of redid it anyways.

picture4oj8.gif

Reaction score
It's a great picture you have chosen for your tattoo. full of meaning. have you then got it inked? how did it come out?

For CrimsonRequiem - beginner question: why di you need to use both application? was photoshop not enough?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's a great picture you have chosen for your tattoo. full of meaning. have you then got it inked? how did it come out?

For CrimsonRequiem - beginner question: why di you need to use both application? was photoshop not enough?

Major Necro posting >_<".

I use both because it's a bad habit. Normally it would be all Illustrator, but I like the pen tool in Photoshop when I'm working with a Wacom Tablet.

The bad part with working in photoshop is that sometimes you get too many points. That's when the file size starts to get big on you. Plus vector artwork is about quality of line with the least amount of points.

When I bring it into Illustrator I can simplify the artwork further. Reducing the file size and making it look smoother.

Reaction score
I see you. I feel quite comfortable with photoshop but I haven't even started studying illustrator yet. Even if I know the meaning of vector artwork, pixels and the main differences between the two software, I still haven't got it completely. Thanks for spending time explaining to me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I see this thread is from December of 08. Has anyone heard of the "artist" that does these OBEY drawings and merch?

There was a large thread on one forum debating his credibility since he's using other famous artists' artwork and adding a slogan and changing one or two little things, then selling the works for profit.

Edit: Shepard Fairey is the guy's name.
Obey Plagiarist Shepard Fairey

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I see this thread is from December of 08. Has anyone heard of the "artist" that does these OBEY drawings and merch?

There was a large thread on one forum debating his credibility since he's using other famous artists' artwork and adding a slogan and changing one or two little things, then selling the works for profit.

Edit: Shepard Fairey is the guy's name.
Obey Plagiarist Shepard Fairey

There is always controversy over artist when they do stuff that resembles someone else artwork. It's considered a homage to the original.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.