Is this normal Safari behavior??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
So, I've heard many people don't like Safari. I like it but today it quit on me twice! :radioacti I got the little message that it unexpectedly quit and had to close. Why does it do that?? I was just on a website reading something and then I got that message.This is the 1st time something like that happens since I got my macbook. Hmmm....weird.

p.s I am a mac newbie, if that matters :)

Reaction score
I've had apps suddenly quit on me for no reason and I usually forget about it unless it becomes a nuisance.

There is a log where you can look to see the technical side of the ins and outs of your Mac but I'm yet to be able to figure out how to interpret the recorded info.

If Safari continues to quit then post back otherwise don't worry too much about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I think some times will do that to safari sometimes. Yahoo vids for example do that to me often.

Other than that I've had no real problems with safari. Outside of the yahoo vids and articles, Safari almost never quits on me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
So, I've heard many people don't like Safari. I like it but today it quit on me twice! :radioacti I got the little message that it unexpectedly quit and had to close. Why does it do that?? I was just on a website reading something and then I got that message.This is the 1st time something like that happens since I got my macbook. Hmmm....weird.

p.s I am a mac newbie, if that matters :)[/QUOT

Where did you hear many people don't like safari? I love it. I can count on one haNd how many times safari has quit on me in the last 2 years. It usually happens to me when I run the computer out of memory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Never crashes for me :)

It's great

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Ok, safari has quit on me about 3 times. Its getting annoying. Everytime it quits I'm usually on myspace. When I click on someone to view their profile it quits!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Ok, safari has quit on me about 3 times. Its getting annoying. Everytime it quits I'm usually on myspace. When I click on someone to view their profile it quits!

there's your problem right there!
icon12.gif

this is kind of what i thought, some webpage is doing something safari doesn't like. its not typically a program that decides to crap out on its own, but usually some conflict. with web browsers they'll normally do two things. and from what i've seen IE and safari take these two approches:
IE - hang, perhaps forever
safari - stop and restart automatically

why myspace is doing this more than other pages, i can't say. hopefully there will be some other myspace users that see this that can help... have you searched the forums (or even macosxhints) for "safari myspace"?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I don't visit MySpace all that often, but the times I have been there checking friends sites, I was in Safari under Tiger and it's been stable every time so far.

M

MacHeadCase

Empty your Safari cache once in a while in a session (in the menubar ---> Safari ---> Empty Cache...) and lock Safari's icon folder. Here's how to do it:

Go to: Macintosh HD ---> Users ---> Your Home Directory ---> Library ---> Safari ---> Icons

Click once on the Icons folder and do Command (or Apple key) + i. In the Get Info window that appears, in the Ownership & Permissions ---> You Can section, change the folder's permissions to Read Only. Empty the Icons folder before you close your Finder window and that should help Safari in regaining some speed and some stability as well.

Reaction score
It's been quitting a lot on me lately, especially since the last security update. I have it set to not use a cache (via TinkerTool). Not on MySpace, but in forums..Where it's never quit before.

Movies never bother it. Even deleted the .plist - no help.

And what the heck happened to my avatar here?

Reaction score
I've had the same problem, some myspace pages can crash safari, I've also had the same problem with IE/Windows. Usually I'm trying to listen to some band, so far I've just been switching to firefox as a workaround.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.