Would someone like a small "compositing" project ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Solved :)

I have only just found the word for the job I would like doing "compositing" !

I have a picture of the side view of a car, I also have a picture of a chap I would like to be put into the drivers door window space so it looks as if he is in the driver seat !

It needs preety special software that I havent got, so would anybody like to take it on ?

The whole thing doesnt need to be taken too seriously ;)

Tim

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What's the budget for this project?;)

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
What's the budget for this project?;)
- Nick

Hiya Nick, thanks for your response, sadly this project isnt paying anything, perhaps you WERE taking it too seriously ? LOL.

Anyway since i posted the thread i have been trying to do summat for myself, with the limited resources available to me. I printed the car out onto a 6"by4" photo card and measured the height of the window which was 10mm i then cropped the face to a suitable size and resized it to 10mm high, the result was crap, the face was completly unrecognisable being so small.

so the next step will be to print it onto an A4 size piece of photo card/paper and try again by measuring the size of the window again, i can but try, then the wife has some scissors with which she could finely cut around the face and then the plan is for me to stick the face onto the picture in the relevant position and scan it accordingly and print it out yet again, that seems to be the plan now, at the moment anyway.

And there wont be any money in it for me either LOL.

I am friendly with this chaps Dad, the son has recently had a smash in his car (not his fault) the girlie coloured car is his Courtesy car, of course the colour and size of the car isnt doing his tough guy image any good at all and his dad doesnt want him to ever forget this little car, he is having the proverbial urine taken out of him at work and by his dad, his dad loves it, the fact he doesnt like to be seen by anyone driving it !!!! so a photo of him driving it will be perfect !.

LOL

Tim

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hiya Nick, thanks for your response, sadly this project isnt paying anything, perhaps you WERE taking it too seriously ? LOL.

I was half-joking when I asked...but just wanted to verify if there was any money involved...since money can be a REAL motivator!:) You have to remember that people's time, resources, and skill have value.

And there wont be any money in it for me either LOL.

Yes...but it is your project. And so even if you don't get any money out of it...you still benefit by getting the project completed.

If I can get someone to paint my house for free...I also get no money out of this project...but I sure as heck benefit...since I physically didn't have to do the work myself.

This is the exact same situation you are in. Getting someone to do the work for free IS a benefit to you!;)

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Problem Solved

I was half-joking when I asked...but just wanted to verify if there was any money involved...since money can be a REAL motivator!:) You have to remember that people's time, resources, and skill have value.

Yes...but it is your project. And so even if you don't get any money out of it...you still benefit by getting the project completed.

If I can get someone to paint my house for free...I also get no money out of this project...but I sure as heck benefit...since I physically didn't have to do the work myself.

This is the exact same situation you are in. Getting someone to do the work for free IS a benefit to you!;)

- Nick

Point taken buddy, as it happens i changed tack, so to speak, and packed it up completely, i aint going to bother with it anymore, it is far more difficult than i imagined, thanks NICK for livening it up a bit :)

Tim

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Point taken buddy, as it happens i changed tack, so to speak, and packed it up completely, i aint going to bother with it anymore, it is far more difficult than i imagined, thanks NICK for livening it up a bit :)

Hey don't give up. There may be someone out there that this might be an easy project for.:)

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Thanks Nick for the encouragement , but i have now lost my motivation :) it isnt worth the effort any more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.