13" Macbook Pro or Older black macbook

Reaction score
Please hear me out.

I have owned two of the plastic macbooks and currently have a macbook air, which is one ebay. I love it but I need something with an audio input.

That said. I know the 13" macbook pro would be "better" but here are my reasons for thinking otherwise..

I noticed the plastic macbooks dont dent, at call really because there plastic and the new aluminum does dent, altho its just cosmetic, it can be aggravating

I do plan on recording but I personally think the black book will be just fine..

Money IS NOT an issue but Id rather save the 400$ if possible.

Ram - can be upgraded to 4gb which is all I could possibly need.
Hard Drive - 80 gb is all I could ever need
Processor Speed- its really not much of a difference..

I under stand the newer one has nicer features, firewire, sdk, backlit keyboard, and I am taking into acount the black book will possibly need a new battery [165$?]

Biggest thing im worried about is cracks, if cracks are pretty common with these black books then Ill run the other direction fast!

Im really leaving this totally up to you guys to make my decision, as I said money is not an issue but Id always rather save money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
How come everyone posts with "you guys make the decision for me"? You need to do what makes YOU happy, spend the amount of money that YOU want to spend, get the features that will satisfy YOU.

I have never, and will never come to an online forum to have decisions made for me. However, I will hit the forums to do research before my purchase.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Biggest thing im worried about is cracks, if cracks are pretty common with these black books then Ill run the other direction fast!

Im really leaving this totally up to you guys to make my decision, as I said money is not an issue but Id always rather save money.

Unfortunately cracks are pretty common on the palm rest. They usually happen because we rest our hands on it and over time the plastic can't cope with the unbalanced weight. Then there is also the issue of the lid closing and pressing up against it with too much force.

Really we get to make all your buying decisions for you? ^-^

OP
S
Reaction score
How come everyone posts with "you guys make the decision for me"? You need to do what makes YOU happy, spend the amount of money that YOU want to spend, get the features that will satisfy YOU.

I have never, and will never come to an online forum to have decisions made for me. However, I will hit the forums to do research before my purchase.

I didn't ask you if you would you let somebody choose for you. There benifits to both and I'm split evenly so I'll leave it up to you guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
The possibility of cracks in the blackbook + the trackpad of the new 13 inch pros is worth the 400 bucks to me anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.