Squeezing more ram? is it possible

Reaction score
Im looking to upgrade the ram in my ibook g3 700 from the current 380 or so. I was poking around online and I'm stuck wondering if I can get the 1gb ram sticks i see everywhere, it seems like that would be a huge upgrade to an already fine machine. Also is a ram upgrade worth the money?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 15" | iPhone 5 | iPad Mini
Well if the ibook can take 1GB of RAM sorry I'm too lazy to check/pull it up on crucial.com. RAM upgrades can do wonders sometimes, and is always recommended (atleast by me). You'll notice a bit of a speed up once you do the ram upgrade as well. I say go for it :-D.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yea it didnt come up on critical, but it looked as though some people had done it before it claimed that the only reason its limited to 512 is because back in the day thats all they had

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Im looking to upgrade the ram in my ibook g3 700 from the current 380 or so. I was poking around online and I'm stuck wondering if I can get the 1gb ram sticks i see everywhere, it seems like that would be a huge upgrade to an already fine machine. Also is a ram upgrade worth the money?

The VERY first thing you need to determine is what is the maximum amount of ram your computer can handle. According to Everymac.com...the max ram for your computer is 640meg.

So this obviously means that 1 gig sticks of ram would not do you any good!

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.