A Hard drive for sharing PC and Mac

Reaction score
I'm new, so please forgive...

I have pictures on a PC and I have pictures on a Mac. I want to simply store all of them on the same external hard drive for posterity. I wish to view them and print them and occasionally put them on a DVD or a USB stick for travel.

I use my Mac 99% of the time, if that helps.

I am by no means a computer tech, but get along fine with good instruction.

Thanks all.

P.S. I realise I started all but one sentence with the pronoun "I."

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Format the drive as FAT32 and you can use it on Mac and PC without issues for the most part. The limitation is that you can't write a file larger than 4GB to a device that is formatted as FAT32. I doubt you will have an image that large but...you never know.

OP
P
Reaction score
Format the drive as FAT32 and you can use it on Mac and PC without issues for the most part. The limitation is that you can't write a file larger than 4GB to a device that is formatted as FAT32. I doubt you will have an image that large but...you never know.

Thank you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.