iPhone Speculation

Reaction score
So, I am seeing alot of new "Smart" phones coming out with the 1.0Ghz cpu. My speculation is I think we will see the iPhone with one also, what are yalls thoughts? OOO or what if they used some kinda Nvidia ION chip?
Just thought I would toss that out there see if anyone chews on this topic with me :D

Reaction score
Snapdragon would be nice. Better yet, I'd like to see a Tegra 2 in the 4G iPhone

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
WHEN is always the most important question. And just like speculating about new Apple computers...no one really knows until Apple actually puts out a press release & launch's them for sale.

- Nick

Reaction score
ive been an owner of leading cell phone brands - blackberry, motorola, nokia, etc. - and apple has been the best by far. they will beat any phone on the market (maybe not in hardware) but with use, functionality, and apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Snapdragon would be nice. Better yet, I'd like to see a Tegra 2 in the 4G iPhone

No disagreement there. Be careful what you call it though. 4G implies the forthcoming 4G network (still a ways off in the US for Verizon and AT&T). The current iPhone 3Gs is at best a warmed over Second Generation (Gen 2 NOT 2G) iPhone, so the next update would be the "Third Generation" (3rd Gen) of the iPhone itself.

Yeah, I'm being picky but still....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
baggss, I agree with you on principle, but for the sake of argument, we should stick to the conventional naming sequence of calling the 3GS as the third generation so as not to confuse those who aren't as enlightened. Trying to explain that the 3GS is more like gen 2.5 is just not worth the effort when everybody has essentially decreed that the 3GS is the third generation iPhone and that the next one will be the fourth generation.

In other words, just make it easier for yourself :p

To the OP, it's like pigoo3 said, it's only a matter of time and only Apple knows what kind of CPU it's going to put into its next generation phones

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Never mind CPU, I want to see improved battery life,better camera and a larger screen.
With Android looking better and better, I really hope Apple has some significant improvements up their sleeves.

Reaction score
Never mind CPU, I want to see improved battery life,better camera and a larger screen.
With Android looking better and better, I really hope Apple has some significant improvements up their sleeves.

As one of the Android-devils (as I've been called by so many apple fanboys), I don't think Apple is going to match Android's customization. If Apple does what they've always done with their iPhone stuff in the future, then it's to be expected that customization will be slim to none.

Also, I have this aching suspicion that Apple will start charging a premium for certain amounts of customization that aren't currently available without jailbreaking. One thing is the VoIP apps. If Apple was smart, they'd allow WiFi calling through the iPhone via iCall or something similar, although I suspect if they do go for something like that, they will charge an ungodly monthly fee for the access to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.