How do I delete a message on more than one device?

Reaction score
I have an iMac, and iPad, an iPod, and a couple of iPhones. Each one of them receives the same email messages. So, I spend a considerable amount of time trying to keep my mail boxes cleared out. How do I manage to clear out messages on all the devices when I delete the message on any one of the devices? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" Late 2012
I have an iMac, and iPad, an iPod, and a couple of iPhones. Each one of them receives the same email messages. So, I spend a considerable amount of time trying to keep my mail boxes cleared out. How do I manage to clear out messages on all the devices when I delete the message on any one of the devices? Thanks

Do you have your email account setup as a POP or IMAP account?

If it is a POP account then I think you will need need to delete from each device. If it is a IMAP account then deleting from any device should remove it from all devices. At least that is the way mine works.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Member IndyBob is correct. You will need to change your email service to IMAP if you're currently using Pop-3. However, it depends on whether or not your ISP provides free IMAP service as some don't. I use GMail which does.

C

chas_m

1. Sign up for a free iCloud account (I assume you are using Lion at home and iOS 5 on your devices).

2. Forward your pop3 email accounts to the iCloud account and only add the iCloud account to your email programs.

Done.

If you're not using iOS 5 and Lion, you may want to use another IMAP service such as GMail or (I think) Yahoo's IMAP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.