Small problems with my New iMac

Reaction score
I recently got my imac a little over a month ago and since then i've experienced 3 minor problems that I was wondering if anyone new why it was happening or how to fix it.

1. The first problem is the caps lock light does not always light up randomly.
2. The second is stacks on my computer is sometimes transparent with some sort of shadow in the background (picture of this at the bottom)
3. And the third and final is my computer and my internet running slow yet i have a good cable modem and do not normally experience this.

These problems usually go away after a restart but they come back sooner or later, and I want to know anything i can do to fix these things permanently. If anyone knows anything on how to fix any one or all of these problems.. It would be much appreciated.

Stacksproblem.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It looks like you have Transmission open, that is probably slowing down your computer.

I also see that your dock has a custom theme, the stacks problem is probably related to that.

cheers,
mbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
And the first one seems like expected behavior. Why would I want my caps lock light to randomly light up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
The Caps light not coming on is a good thing isn't it?

And is that Transmission I see open? That's causing your slow Internet connection. The stacks thing has been mentioned before. It's probably because of your custom dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Assuming you mean that Caps Lock doesn't come on when you tap it:

The aluminum keyboards actually have a short delay built-in that is designed to prevent caps lock from accidently being activated. You'll need to press it just a bit slower than your regular typing speed for it to activate.

rentzsch.com: apple's antiCAPSLOCK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD
Assuming you mean that Caps Lock doesn't come on when you tap it:

The aluminum keyboards actually have a short delay built-in that is designed to prevent caps lock from accidently being activated. You'll need to press it just a bit slower than your regular typing speed for it to activate.

rentzsch.com: apple's antiCAPSLOCK

Wow, I never actually realised this! That's cool!

OP
D
Reaction score
Yes, I meant that the Caps Lock button does not always light up when I click it..
But also sometimes the Caps Lock is on and the button is still not lit up

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.