iMac and Photoshop CS6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 MacBook (m5), 2013 macbook pro retina 15", 2009 MBP non retina 13", 2014 21" iMac
Hello,

Can you tell me if the new 27" iMac will work with Photoshop CS6?

I have heard there are a lot of issues with Photoshop CS6 and Mavericks and was wondering if anyone has used the two together and if there are any issues if they have been fixed with any updates.

Thanks so much for your help :)

best,

rick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Yes it will work, I have had no issues with CS6, but do tend to use CS5 more

OP
greyhound rick
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 MacBook (m5), 2013 macbook pro retina 15", 2009 MBP non retina 13", 2014 21" iMac
Yes it will work, I have had no issues with CS6, but do tend to use CS5 more

Thank you for your input!

Can you tell me which Mac you have and the amount of RAM?

best,

rick

C

chas_m

CS3 works under Mavericks (good luck reinstalling it though -- the installer is PPC!), so I would imagine CS6 would work fine.

OP
greyhound rick
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
CS3 works under Mavericks (good luck reinstalling it though -- the installer is PPC!), so I would imagine CS6 would work fine.

Thank you for your response. Ive done some additional research and after reading many threads on The Apple Support Communities it appears that there are definitely issues with Photoshop CS6 running on Mavericks. A lot!

I think I'm going to wait a while until things get fixed as many users have stated that they are having MAJOR problems since switching to Mavericks.

Please let me know if you have this combo or have heard anything regarding a fix for this. This is really a major issue for Photoshop users who want to "upgrade" to Mavericks.

thanks and take care,

rick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.