You Guys have big issues

Reaction score
:Grimmace: Im waiting on delivery for MBP 17inch. Will use WINDOWS and some MAc before deciding to swtich.

ANyway I should have reaserched this before ordering but it seems that the MBP's have got reliablity issues such as hard disc failures and weird nosies and wireless problems. Its seems as though every MBP produced dosnt last longer than the first year.

Im loking at a MBP for a trouble free life otherwise might as well spend my money else:Oops: where.

Does anyone have a MBP that has lasted ( without issues ) ?????O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Are you kidding me? None of this is true, if you think it is, just return your MBP now and go back to Windows. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
2 years old and the only problem I had was a warped battery, and believe me I've thrown a lot at this computer.

I would suggest using MAC and some Windows or you are never going to break away from the windows habit.

Reaction score
it seems that the MBP's have got reliablity issues such as hard disc failures and weird nosies and wireless problems. Its seems as though every MBP produced dosnt last longer than the first year.

Seagate makes hard drives. They end up in Macs and PCs. There is nothing inherently different about them. Some run for 150,000 hours Mean Time Between Failure, some don't. It is not a Mac or PC thing.
The wireless issue is even more clear to me, I can not understand how Windows users tolerate the inability to switch wireless points without restarting, repairing or creating different profiles. My MBP is still (sadly!) on its 80 gig original drive and swaps between office/home/Panera wireless without an issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Remember, people mostly post only when they are experiencing problems.
Every once in a while, you will see someone posting to just say that everything is running smoothly. (everything is working great over here ;))

Enjoy your new machine!!
Believe me, you won't regret it. ;)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Well, only going on 14 months on mine. Zero hardware issues here as of yet.
And it has run 24/7 since purchase.

If you base your buying decisions on what you read in system specific forums, you'll never buy a computer. 95% of the posters only come long enough to post about and solve a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
No personal experience as of yet, but I can tell you my father-in-law has had his 17" MBP for over a year and he's not had a problem with it yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G4 1.25Ghz Powerbook G4 1.67
Apple sort problems well anyway.
I have a new macbook and I was unlucky with the fact that I got a few duff parts on mine.
They've taken it for a look and it'll either be fixed or replaced on wednesday.
They haven't given me any hassle at all, just apologised and promised to sort it.
I'll let you know on wednesday what happens, but so far I'm impressed with their service.
Dell by comparison just argued with me and called me a liar when I had problems with my last laptop (they put in a smaller HD than what I'd paid for) They sorted it in the end but it was a battle whereas apple are sympathetic.

I think my point is that all electronic gadgets can have problems, but it's how fast and easily they are fixed that really matters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
Dell by comparison just argued with me and called me a liar when I had problems with my last laptop

Agreed! I've had more than my share of dealings with both Dell and Gateway, it's not fun. The TWO issues I have had with Apple in the last seven years were dealt with professionally AND quickly.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
With apologies to those who have read this exact same post from me before...

Forums are places where a lot of people come to get help with and complain about problems. It's a shame, but many people only ever come here for help, but once their problems are solved, never stick around to talk about how much they like their machines. Same goes for product review sites - people that are having problems are far more likely to complain about them than those that do not.

Whether it's a forum about cars, computers or whatever widget you can think of, forums are never a good gauge of reliability. A small fraction of the machines that Apple sells are represented here, and those that are represented are usually done so because they have issues. Apple happens to have one of the highest reliability ratings in the industry.

Simply stated - if you want a Macbook Pro, just buy it. Statistically speaking, you'll have no issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I bought my MBP refurbished over a year ago and it hasn't given me a single problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I bought my MBP refurbished over a year ago and it hasn't given me a single problem.
Got mine refurbished about five months ago. Same story.

Works like a dream.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
My Mac 512 made in 1985 has some issues after 23 years. My Mac Plus from 1986 is still going strong. On a more recent note my iMac G5 is 2 years 4 months now and going strong 24 hours a day. My iBook G4 1.33Ghz 12" is the same age as the iMac and never an issue. My very first G4 Mac Mini purchased the first month the Mini came out is still going strong. Sold it to a close friend and they love it.

Like was said above by others, ALL computer brands can and DO have issues. There are duds with any brand. Support Forums like Mac Forums are where people come with their issues, so you will see quite a few. What you do not see is the many more positive reports.

The Hard Drive issues are due to Seagate and a flaw. Seagate makes the same drive for everyone and not just Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
:Grimmace: Im waiting on delivery for MBP 17inch. Will use WINDOWS and some MAc before deciding to swtich.

ANyway I should have reaserched this before ordering but it seems that the MBP's have got reliablity issues such as hard disc failures and weird nosies and wireless problems. Its seems as though every MBP produced dosnt last longer than the first year.

Im loking at a MBP for a trouble free life otherwise might as well spend my money else:Oops: where.

It's your money and time. If you're not particularly careful with it, the best I can say is follow schweb's advice. Return the MBP and go back to a Dell or HP running Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 12" iBook G4, 14" iBook G4 running Ubuntu 7.10
I am on my 3rd mac in 2 years...bought the first one a 12" iBook and loved it, some one I knew was selling a 14" iBook cheap, so I bought it and now I have moved to a MBP (my gal has had hers since they first came out and has not had any issues with it) and I have not had any problems with it. I have bought many "Windows" laptops in the past (IBM, Dell, HP, Compaq) and have had issues with all of them (IBM was the best to deal with by far). So far I count myself lucky that I have not had any issues with my Mac's. Any computer can have issues, but as has been mentioned it's not the hardware problem that is the issue, it's how the manufacturor deals with it that is important and from all that I have read Apple seems to take pride in their product. So far out of all the laptops that I have bought (including my iBooks and MBP) Apple is the first company that has called me (to see if I am satisfied with my MBP purchase).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It's your money and time. If you're not particularly careful with it, the best I can say is follow schweb's advice. Return the MBP and go back to a Dell or HP running Windows.

I think we all remember the saying about a fool and his money.

Reaction score
We use both lots HP(+150) and some Macs (~30) in my department and they are all laptops. The ones of us that are fortunate enough to use the MBP I have only ever heard of one going south and that was a hd failure. As for the HP's I can assure you at least one a week either goes down or gets corrupted enough that the it guys come. Trust me when I say once you leave windows behind you will wonder why it took you so long to switch.

Reaction score

You'll regret writing that.
The only thing that's right is the title (in my case)!;P
You don't pay over a thousand dollars for a computer and then get left in the dark, not by Apple at least.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.