Uploading and hosting photos for customers

Reaction score
I am starting a video production business where my customers need to upload photos (at least 20, but up to 100) for me to access. These are the requirements I would like, if anyone knows or has some good ideas as to how I can implement this on my website...

1. Best photo upload hosting (prefer unlimited storage and up to 25mb upload)
2. Customers can create albums with captions (thus for my benefit in the post production of the business)
3. Prefer if customers don't have to create an account with the photo hosting site or even taken away from my site to upload photos to me
4. I do however think that in order for number 3 to work, they would have to create an account with my website so they could upload more photos (creating a database of customers)
5. I need to have access to these photos as any time and also be alerted (preferably by email) that existing customers and new customers have uploaded photos, thus telling me that a video package has been order or a customers would like to add a photos to their package.
6. Only I, the business owner has access to all customers photos defined albums (according to order number or customer name)
7. I can download customers photos at original size they were uploaded or a software that automatically scales the photos to the size I need when uploaded by customer, or resized when downloaded my me, the business owner
8. Absolutely no one can access to these photos, but me and the customer they belong too (possibly might have already mentioned this, however, its very important the photos are secure and protected.

Hope this all makes sense...I would like to know if there is a program that make this all possible, or at least some of it all in one app. New to all this so any help would be great.

Also, I'm not too worried about price, more about function for me and ease of functionality for my customers.

Thank you, m :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
you could setup an ftp server, that would let you access everything even under user names and you could just organize the work into subfolders

you might not be able to set it up at home/office depending on your connection since you'd need a public IP address, but there are many providers for either FTP or a net drive ... I think even Apple offers some sort of a internet disk?

Reaction score
I am looking for a similar service

Hi,

We are planning to host a real estate website where our marketing executives take around 300 photos per day with size 100KB per photo(we compress them). To host these photos, we are looking for a photo hosting service where we can upload these 300 photos. We plan to link the photos/slideshows to our real estate website(copy the code that is generated for our photos when we upload and link that code into our website). These photos can be viewed by anybody. Please let me know if anyone is are aware of a photo hosting service which can help us.

Thanks in advance,
Swaroop.

Reaction score
Hi,
We are planning to host a real estate website where our marketing executives take around 300 photos per day with size 100KB per photo(we compress them). To host these photos, we are looking for a photo hosting service where we can upload these 300 photos. We plan to link the photos/slideshows to our real estate website(copy the code that is generated for our photos when we upload and link that code into our website). These photos can be viewed by anybody. Please let me know if anyone is are aware of a photo hosting service which can help us.

Smugmug offers a lot of customization options. If you want a referral, PM me and you can get $5 off a subscription.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.