Please help, MacBook Pro problem

Reaction score
hello everyone, i am new and i dont know if this is the right section to post this, but i have just recently has a problem with my MacBook Pro 13" the problem is that i was on the internet, then the internet started messing up on the mac by making it freeze, eventually i got sick of waiting for it to unfreeze so i held the power button till it turned off, then i turned it back on, it started like normal with the apple sign and the white screen with the loading circle under the apple sign, then i get a problem, black writing comes up in the top left corner of the screen with error and coding, then i get a box pop up in the middle of the screen telling me to hold the power button and restart, so i did and go the same problem, i turned it off for a lil bit but still the same problem, help please?

19102011034.jpg

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
We're going to keep our fingers crossed it's not an onboard hardware failure.

Try 'em one at a time in this order.

1. Disconnect all external peripherals you have attached - printer, drives, etc.

2. Try starting the machine up in Safe Mode.

3. Boot up with your OS X disc - When you see the menu bar, head for Utilities - Disk Utility and run both a Permissions Repair and Repair Drive.

What version of OS X do you have?
What software has recently been installed?
How old is your Mac and is it still covered by Applecare?

(Actually, I'd do that 3rd one even if you get it up and running before that.)

OP
N
Reaction score
i have the newest instalment which i downloaded not that long ago, the age of my mac is about 10 months old, and i wouldn't know if i have applecare

i tried doing the second option, putting it in safe mode, but either it didn't work or i did it wrong, and number 3 i havn't tried yet, does the disc your talking about come with the mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
i have the newest instalment which i downloaded not that long ago, the age of my mac is about 10 months old, and i wouldn't know if i have applecare

i tried doing the second option, putting it in safe mode, but either it didn't work or i did it wrong, and number 3 i havn't tried yet, does the disc your talking about come with the mac?

The Mac has a 12 month warranty and I would make an appointment to take it in and you might want to consider Apple Care before the 12 months run out after that no go. The people at Apple will tell you if you make an appointment if you have AC and how many months left or at least thats been my experience.

OP
N
Reaction score
well i just put the install disk in, now its install OS X into Macintosh HD so im hoping it works after that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.