VESA Adapter for Dual Cinema HD monitors on Ergotron Monitor stand

Reaction score
Hi All;

I have two Apple Cinema Displays [ Apple Cinema Display 23-Inch (Aluminum) Specs (Aluminum, M9178LL/A, A1082) @ EveryMac.com ] which work perfectly. I would like to remove them both from their stands and mount them on an Ergotron DS100 dual monitor Stand which is eqhipped with VESA-compatible 100mm hardware. My only remaining issue is what part do I need to attach to the monitors to allow it to connect to the Ergotron?

Note - the VESA adapter currently on the Apple site does NOT work with the older monitors I have. Been there, tried that, got really grumpy because Apple tech support assured me they would work. :)

Thank you.

Last edited:
OP
T
Reaction score
Resolved: VESA Adapter for Dual Cinema HD monitors on Ergotron Monitor stand

After several days of searching, I found 3 of the correct parts on eBay for a very fair price.

For reference, Requires Cinema Display VESA Mount Adapter (M9649G/A, UPC 718908815083, and NOT the one currently available on the Apple site which is only for the newer displays and some iMacs.
Hi All;

I have two Apple Cinema Displays [ Apple Cinema Display 23-Inch (Aluminum) Specs (Aluminum, M9178LL/A, A1082) @ EveryMac.com ] which work perfectly. I would like to remove them both from their stands and mount them on an Ergotron DS100 dual monitor Stand which is eqhipped with VESA-compatible 100mm hardware. My only remaining issue is what part do I need to attach to the monitors to allow it to connect to the Ergotron?

Note - the VESA adapter currently on the Apple site does NOT work with the older monitors I have. Been there, tried that, got really grumpy because Apple tech support assured me they would work. :)

Thank you.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks for the VESA info.:) Sorry you didn't get much in the way of replies. I guess many of us aren't sophisticated enough to be running multiple displays with a fancy VESA setup/stand…or can afford to own two expensive Apple displays.;)

I'm sure it's going to look great once you have everything setup. Maybe you could post a photo when it's all done.:)

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
It's hardly fancy, and "expensive" is a real stretch. While I'd love to get a new Thunderbolt display, that's not going to happen on my salary, assuming I want to eat once in a while.

I had to replace a bargain basement monitor 2 years ago and found a used 2005 Cinema Display for $100. Last month I found a well-used Ergotron dual monitor stand for a few bucks at Goodwill, and the next day, another used 2005 Cinema Display for $70. The displays still work great and work well together with Aperture for photo editing. That's why I was looking for the adapters.

Thanks for the VESA info.:) Sorry you didn't get much in the way of replies. I guess many of us aren't sophisticated enough to be running multiple displays with a fancy VESA setup/stand…or can afford to own two expensive Apple displays.;)

I'm sure it's going to look great once you have everything setup. Maybe you could post a photo when it's all done.:)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It's hardly fancy, and "expensive" is a real stretch. While I'd love to get a new Thunderbolt display, that's not going to happen on my salary, assuming I want to eat once in a while.

I had to replace a bargain basement monitor 2 years ago and found a used 2005 Cinema Display for $100. Last month I found a well-used Ergotron dual monitor stand for a few bucks at Goodwill, and the next day, another used 2005 Cinema Display for $70. The displays still work great and work well together with Aperture for photo editing. That's why I was looking for the adapters.

I hear what you're saying…but Apple monitors have always been expensive (relative to their peers). But usually better quality as well.:) I see 23" Apple Cinema displays still selling for a very good price…relative to their peers (other major brand displays of the same vintage).

I'm talking $200-$250 each (used)…when equivalent 22"/23" used monitors are selling for $75…and new 22"/23" are selling for $110 to $150.

Your two Apple monitors will probably look great in that stand…especially since they are matching.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.