Changing icons

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro with oodles of memory
Hi All,
Is there a way to change the folder icon in documents to a different icon? All of my icons in documents are file folders and I would like to make some of them different. How would I do that?

Thanks,

Al

Reaction score
Hi All,
Is there a way to change the folder icon in documents to a different icon? All of my icons in documents are file folders and I would like to make some of them different. How would I do that?

Thanks,

Al

You may want to try LiteIcon, which is free, or CandyBar. I don't think the latter is free at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
Icons through Interfacelift

The process is quite easy actually. Its simply copy and pasting

Application icons are all generally unique, so they stand out from one another. Folder icons may flaunt a plain blue folder facade or display a little extra decor on the folder icons to help you identify what's inside of them. File icons generally display a document with an application logo that lets you know what application created it or can open it. But you can change these mini works of art to ones of your own choosing or creation.

To change an item's icon to another one:

1. Select the volume, application, folder, or file whose icon you want to stamp onto another, just click the icon to select it.
2. From the File menu, choose Get Info or press Command-I to open the Info window.
3. Click the icon in the upper-left corner of the Info window to select it.
4. From the Edit menu, choose Copy or press Command-C.
5. Select the volume, application, folder, or file whose icon you want to replace.
6. From the File menu, choose Get Info or press Command-I.
7. Click the icon in the upper-left corner.
8. From the Edit menu, choose Paste or press Command-V to replace the icon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
anthony has given the best method...take his advice

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro with oodles of memory
Thank you

Thanks very much, I appreciate your input.
Al

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.