iTunes copywriting...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33GHz Intel C2D 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120GB SATA 2GB SDRAM
iTunes copyrighting...

OK.. so my gf bought me an album off of the iTunes store. She actually tried "gifting it" to me (as she put it) but it wouldn't allow her to use the gift card credit I gave her at Christmas. So, she just bought it for herself and we were just going to transfer the mp3's over to my laptop.

Upon doing so, I had to log into her iTunes account in order to listen to the album. Is there any way of getting around this???

Do I load it into my iPod then rip my iPod? If I were to change the file format using Switch, would it then take care of this issue?

I'd hate for her to end up wasting her money.

I could try burning a cd off her laptop then ripping the audio cd to my laptop but then I lose the album information and all that junk. I like album art!

I know that will work, but if that's the only way to do it, that's cool. I'll do that, but then how do I get iTunes and my iPod to recognize the album and obtain the album artwork?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I could try burning a cd off her laptop then ripping the audio cd to my laptop but then I lose the album information and all that junk. I like album art!

I know that will work, but if that's the only way to do it, that's cool. I'll do that, but then how do I get iTunes and my iPod to recognize the album and obtain the album artwork?

That's a pretty easy way to do it... Once you have the tracks on your iTunes, you can enter all the info (album, genre, artwork, etc) my using right-click.. get info.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33GHz Intel C2D 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120GB SATA 2GB SDRAM
That's a pretty easy way to do it... Once you have the tracks on your iTunes, you can enter all the info (album, genre, artwork, etc) my using right-click.. get info.

I totally didn't know you could do that! Sweet. I guess I'll just do that then! Awesome... thanks for telling me about entering all that info in!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Glad it helped chicago!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.