question about neo and pages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo
Hello everyone

I bought iwork 08 today after seeing that many here liked the trial and recommended the software. The program is great and truely simple to use.
Before I installed iwork 08 I deleted the trial version of i work 06 that came with my compter.
The program that I was using for documents and presentations is neo office. So now that i have i work 08 I wanted to save all the documents and presentations that i have into pages and keynote. The issue here is every document thats saved into neo office format when I go to open it it doesnt give me the option to open the file using pages or keynote or numbers , so what i have been doing is opening the document using neo office then saving it as text( it doesnt give me the option to save as a pages document from neo office) then open the text file with pages then save it as a pages document. Well this isnt only taking alot of time, i also loose any pictures or graphs since text doesnt recognize them.

Sorry for the long post
is there anyway I could make these documents open with pages or numbers or keynote so that I can save them directly from neo office to pages.......?

thank you in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
in neooffice save the documents as .doc files and then open them in pages....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I can't stang pages, or word!

NeoOffice all the way!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
I agree with shahvikram123, save the documents as doc files and open them in Pages. I love Pages. It is very easy to use and has a lot of features.

To open documents using Pages, I go into the Finder, ctrl click on the document and choose to open with Pages. You will have to save the document as a Pages file when you are finished with it. Ultimately you will have two copies of the document-a Pages file and a doc file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
yeah, but you can't save as .doc in page and then open in MSWord at all

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
yeah, but you can't save as .doc in page and then open in MSWord at all

Sure you can. Try the Export option. It will export to several other different formats, including Word.

OP
Mactime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks alot guys that exactly what i ended up doing is opening all the documents and saving then as .doc and they open them with pages and save again. Man did it ever take a while. once i was done I deleted NeoOffice.

cheers

OP
Mactime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
one more question guys,
I know that i can export pages or numbers or keynote into word,excel,powerpoint format for anyone who has microsoft office to open the file and view.
My question is my friend e-mailed me an excel file and when i open it with numbers its all messed up............any suggestions?

thanks

OP
Mactime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Try it in NeoOffice instead. Remember, Numbers is a version 1.0 product - there are bound to be some compatibility issues with any program with so short an incubation period.

OP
Mactime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I understand its a new program and there is going to be some glitches, actually i was on apple a second ago and downloaded updates for pages, keynote and numbers.
I removed neoOffice already from my computer(I want this bad boy to be all apple).
Its only a few power point presentations that i had that got messed up, its ok they werent that important.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.