Faults

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G
Hi All,

Just wanted to know your opinion on this.

My Macbook Pro is 2.5 months old and started to just freeze when working in iLife. I reported this to apple who told me to send it to a service agent for repair. I did this and luckily found a company two offices down from where I work.

I booked in the Mac and they took it. After about 3 days they called and told me the logic board was faulty. They had ordered a replacement and it would be in next day. The part arrived, it was fitted and found to be Dead On Arrival. Excellent I thought another week of no computer. They ordered another board.

So one week later I get a call, the logic board in and we have fitted it... only problem is that it's DOA (AGAIN!!). So I call apple and they point blank refuse to replace the machine... Should I push for a replacement computer as mine has now been dead for 2.5 weeks with no replacement spare during this period? I have lost confidence in Apple after sales care...

Jez

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
you should just take it to the nearest apple store and talk to someone in person and not to someone over the phone. imo i think the person at the apple store will give you a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 gig HDD @ 5400, 2 gig RAM, nVIDIA 8600
logic boards in the 2.2 mpb are wicked problem prone

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G
Well the third board has just failed and Apple have agreed to recover the MBP. I have replaced it with a new Macbook Black 2.2Ghz. Lets hope this is the end of my Apple problems...

I've never had computer problems before and to be honest if this device is a problem I'm going to save my money. Thanks for all your comments.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.2 GHz, 2gb RAM, 120gb HD
OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK... Well Apple took back the laptop and refunded my money. I have to be honest the whole process was very easy and Apple customer services are excellent. Once the money hit the credit card I returned to the website and ordered the following: -

Macbook Black C2D 2.2
2Gig Ram
250Gig Drive
Leopard
iLife'08
Apple care for MB
HP all-in-one printer (free :) )
iPod classic 80gig
Incase for MB (free as well)
Mini-DVI to DVI cable (also free)

It cost less than the MBP and the computer is amazing. I have finally found a laptop and OS that provides me with everything I need. I've purchased iWork'08 now and that just Rocks.

All is well that ends well...

Jez.

Reaction score
Thats a pretty sweet deal (all the free stuff) I'm Canadian and not a student and the unit your talking about would just about cost me $2000.00 here all by itself,no free anything.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.