Safari working in one account but not the other

Reaction score
Here is a strange problem, I can't seem to get safari to display a website with flash in it in my main admin account but if I choose a new standard account then the site will display it. I know this would be considered a "flash" problem but I am unable to get any resolution from the flash forums so I thought I would try here.

Anyone ever experience the same thing?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have the latest Flash update installed to your Admin account? Download LINK

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You may not have the Adobe Flash extension for Safari loaded though..check this download LINK and install it. Let's see if that fixes it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Okay, I followed the link and installed. Rebooted my machine and still it doesn't work.

What's next?

You may not have the Adobe Flash extension for Safari loaded though..check this download LINK and install it. Let's see if that fixes it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is getting a bit strange. Something else is going on.... Let's try to reset Safari from the Admin account. Click on the Safari top menu and select "Reset Safari". A dialog will open asking if you're sure and also a list of items to reset. Choose the items you wish to reset. I would go ahead and reset all to make sure.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes, I have done this. Several times in fact. Still nothing.

:(

Any other ideas?

This is getting a bit strange. Something else is going on.... Let's try to reset Safari from the Admin account. Click on the Safari top menu and select "Reset Safari". A dialog will open asking if you're sure and also a list of items to reset. Choose the items you wish to reset. I would go ahead and reset all to make sure.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes, I have done this. Several times in fact. Still nothing.

:(

Any other ideas?

Well, I ended up solving this on my own. I found a program called Kill Flash Cookies (KFC) ran the program and it found 4 cookies. Once it was cleared everything works great! I can see flash movies now.

I just wonder what was in the cookie that was blocking the site.

Thanks
Jay

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for posting back. It appears you had some rogue cookies that were blocking flash sites. You might want to open Safari Preferences, and go to the "Privacy" tab, then place a check in the box that says "Block Cookies from third parties and advertisers".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.