Touch screen wont react when fully charged, but does after bat. runs down a few %

Reaction score
I've started having this strange problem with my iPod Touch's screen. When the iPod is fully charged the touchscreen wont respond. Leave it alone for a few hours to run the battery down a bit, and suddenly the touchscreen responds again. The screen comes on and shows the "slide to unlock" message, but doesn't react to touch anywhere on the screen. Once the battery has run down some the screen will react again as if nothing had happened. Anyone have any idea what's going on with it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Touch, MacBook Pro 15" i5
You should go and get that swapped do you still have your warrenty?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lots Of G3s. So What.
Battery Issue:

I've started having this strange problem with my iPod Touch's screen. When the iPod is fully charged the touchscreen wont respond. Leave it alone for a few hours to run the battery down a bit, and suddenly the touchscreen responds again. The screen comes on and shows the "slide to unlock" message, but doesn't react to touch anywhere on the screen. Once the battery has run down some the screen will react again as if nothing had happened. Anyone have any idea what's going on with it?

Aglarelen:

Welcome to The Mac Forums.

How long have you had this ipod?
An idea of what's going on with it is the battery needs to be replaced. After a while any battery will decrease in performance. If you do not know how to replace the battery, you must take it to a technitian. It is very likely that the battery is causing power supply problems which is affecting the touch screen.

Hope this helps.
Have A Good Day.

Reaction score

Have you tried restoring it? Generally, some issues can occur when the screen gets warm.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.