gimp question

Reaction score
I've been using gimp a bit lately and have a question. Sometimes when I go to swap between screen expose will see the Gimp tool bars as separate windows. When I click on one it won't open the others. Any ideas? I'd like all the gimp tool bars to be seen as one unit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5
I've been using gimp a bit lately and have a question. Sometimes when I go to swap between screen expose will see the Gimp tool bars as separate windows. When I click on one it won't open the others. Any ideas? I'd like all the gimp tool bars to be seen as one unit.

This happens because GIMP uses the X11 windowing system. This is a drawback of GIMP. You'll just get used to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5
OP
D
Reaction score
I hear you. I already have the creative suite, so it's no big deal. I was going to try pixel for a bit and see if I like that. That being said if I didn't have the money for cs3, the problem with gimp wouldn't be such a problem. I wnder if they could make a version that doesn't need X11. Open office nedds x11 but neooffice doesn't. I'm sure they could if they felt like it.

Reaction score
Not sure if that solves your problem.
But there is a GIMP derifative called Seashore, which does not use X11!
Google for it :)
I am not sure if it is shown in only one window. but it might be worth a try.
greetings
Flo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
There's also chocoflop
Seashore is great, but they have stated recently on the site that they are NOT aiming to be a Photoshop-contender like GIMP (on which Seashore's code is based on), but a basic image editor.

This issue has been discussed before (I know, I've made the same recommendation several times in this forum)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.