iPhone now?

TWM

Reaction score
I am about to go take a look at possibly getting an iphone, but looking at websites such as mac rumors, it says that the current model is at the end of its cycle, and not to buy.... but do you guys think any updates are going to be major? or just stuff like more storage? seems kind of early for a redesign! I have been around this mac game a while and i know that no one has ANY idea what apple is going to do when, but i'm just asking your guy's (and girls) opinions. I know i'll be waiting for ever if i want to wait for the next big thing, but if its only a couple months away, thats worth it!

Also, what apple events are coming up that they usually make announcements at? And please don't get angry at this post!!!! Just asking opinions!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
So far Apple has released a new version of the iPhone every July..I've got the iPhone 3G and that's working completely fine for me. The iPhone 3GS has a couple of extra features that didn't seem like a big thing for me..video camera, compass, hardware acceleration for 3D graphics..

Either the 3G or 3GS will be fine..you can always wait around till July to see if Apple releases anything or just buy one of these and enjoy..

Regards

OP
T

TWM

Reaction score
july is quite a while away! Think i'll buy now. Just wanted to make sure no one was expecting anything in the next month or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
How are you going to know if the next iPhone is going to be major updates or not? We are just normal people like you.

This question gets asked tons of times and it's always to same answer given:

Purchase now if you must or wait if you really want the new phone.

OP
T

TWM

Reaction score
How are you going to know if the next iPhone is going to be major updates or not? We are just normal people like you.

This question gets asked tons of times and it's always to same answer given:

Purchase now if you must or wait if you really want the new phone.

"I have been around this mac game a while and i know that no one has ANY idea what apple is going to do when, but i'm just asking your guy's (and girls) opinions. I know i'll be waiting for ever if i want to wait for the next big thing, but if its only a couple months away, thats worth it!"

Thats why i added that! I figured people who have been following the iphone since it came out would have a better idea (which the previous poster did with his information). And i got an answer that didn't sound anything like yours. Your not required to reply or read every thread. Its a message board where people have discussions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
"I have been around this mac game a while and i know that no one has ANY idea what apple is going to do when, but i'm just asking your guy's (and girls) opinions. I know i'll be waiting for ever if i want to wait for the next big thing, but if its only a couple months away, thats worth it!"

Thats why i added that! I figured people who have been following the iphone since it came out would have a better idea (which the previous poster did with his information). And i got an answer that didn't sound anything like yours. Your not required to reply or read every thread. Its a message board where people have discussions.

I know I am not required to reply. I gave you my opinion. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Going by history it looks like Apple will be releasing the fourth generation iPhone in June/July of 2010. Apple has pulled out of Macworld, so don't expect any announcements or releases in January 2010.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13.3 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz, 2gig ram, 500gig HD -- Iphone 3g 8gig
I am about to go take a look at possibly getting an iphone, but looking at websites such as mac rumors, it says that the current model is at the end of its cycle, and not to buy.... but do you guys think any updates are going to be major? or just stuff like more storage? seems kind of early for a redesign! I have been around this mac game a while and i know that no one has ANY idea what apple is going to do when, but i'm just asking your guy's (and girls) opinions. I know i'll be waiting for ever if i want to wait for the next big thing, but if its only a couple months away, thats worth it!

Also, what apple events are coming up that they usually make announcements at? And please don't get angry at this post!!!! Just asking opinions!

I have an 8gig 3g iphone. personally i love it. was thinking about getting rid of it because of the bill. but i couldnt do it. Its jailbroken. i have a camcorder now like the 3gs. Best phone i ever had. The only setback is the price of the bill pretty much. I got my phone used on craigslist for 240. Not one single scratch on it. (i got it in the middle of a contract) which you will need to basically start your contract over after you go to ATT. They lock you in for 2 years from that day. So if your ok with that... id say go for it. My bill is only $30 more a month since i had unlimited text and stuff. With the iphone, the possibilities are endless =] plus TONS of people are here if you need any help with it. Gotta love that. =] I say do it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.