iPhone warranty question

Reaction score
About a month and a half ago I cracked my iPhones screen. I went to the apple store to see about getting it fixed, but didnt have the money to do so at the time, and the crack was not that bad at all. The phone worked fine until today I woke up and the bottom 15% of the touch screen does not work. Does anybody know if this is covered under the warranty still? Or will the crack void it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I would say your sol. Sorry

OP
B
Reaction score
so my only real hope would be to get a cool person at the apple store lol. I know I could replace it myself, and im guessing that would void the warranty, but how would they check that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook5,2, iPad 16 gb, iPhone 3GS 32 gb, Iphone 4
check your local craigslist, and also google the net. there are people out there that can fix the screen for you, and it's not too expensive. Much cheaper then buying a new phone out of contract.

OP
B
Reaction score
I could do it myself, but would it void the warranty? I have a 3GS so that warranty is only like 3 months old. If I did replace it, would Apple be able to tell just by looking at it that I replaced it myself?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I could do it myself, but would it void the warranty? I have a 3GS so that warranty is only like 3 months old. If I did replace it, would Apple be able to tell just by looking at it that I replaced it myself?

If the glass is cracked, then the warranty is already void. But to answer your question yes you can replace the glass without Apple finding out,As long as you don't remove the logic board they won't know.

OP
B
Reaction score
If the glass is cracked, then the warranty is already void. But to answer your question yes you can replace the glass without Apple finding out,As long as you don't remove the logic board they won't know.

thanks for the help, one more quick question
i acidently bought the glass without the digitizer. Do you think if I put that glass in and said the whole screen did not work I could get a new one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
thanks for the help, one more quick question
i acidently bought the glass without the digitizer. Do you think if I put that glass in and said the whole screen did not work I could get a new one?

no don't do that, those Genius' are dumb for the most part,but there not that dumb. You need to buy a Glass/digitizer combo it's simple to install. Check iFixit.com they have some good guides.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.