Connection Timed Out

Reaction score
-DLink 655 Router
-Channel Autoscan enabled
-Wireless G and N enabled
-WPA Security
-Standard, not Wide

I've been trying to manually pick a channel to get better signal strength for all my network devices. My pc, ps3, sisters wii and ipod, and another laptop connect fine, but he macbook simply gets a connection timed out.

I switch back to channel autoscan and macbook connects. I've also tested this with wep and wpa 2 security and wireless G only.

please help me get the macbook to connect to manually selected channels.

Reaction score
-DLink 655 Router
-Channel Autoscan enabled
-Wireless G and N enabled
-WPA Security
-Standard, not Wide

I've been trying to manually pick a channel to get better signal strength for all my network devices. My pc, ps3, sisters wii and ipod, and another laptop connect fine, but he macbook simply gets a connection timed out.

I switch back to channel autoscan and macbook connects. I've also tested this with wep and wpa 2 security and wireless G only.

please help me get the macbook to connect to manually selected channels.

Hi there,
I've tried googling for answers to your question, but found nothing of relevance. :(

The best advice I can offer you, is to give Apple a call and speak to one of their techs, who will hopefully be able to walk you through the process.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.