games

H

hiohokaybye

can you play any games on macbooks?? since the macbooks doesnt have any graphic card... thanks for answering

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
You can. With many intense games, you have to crank down the graphics, and you should have at elast 1 gig of memory. It will run games alright though.

OP
H

hiohokaybye

well, i saw some of the games requirement like call of duty 2.... it says it needs the graphic card that macbook pro has...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Yeah, not all games work, but there are a number that do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Unreal tournament 2004 works fine on my Macbook, though it does kind of lag in 1280x800 mode. Then again, it worked okay on my old PPC Mac Mini. It's Universal binary now, as well.

Wanna do the latest games? Get a console.

OP
H

hiohokaybye

Unreal tournament 2004 works fine on my Macbook, though it does kind of lag in 1280x800 mode. Then again, it worked okay on my old PPC Mac Mini. It's Universal binary now, as well.

Wanna do the latest games? Get a console.

well, mine is a macbook which the screen resolution is only 1280X800...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
can you play any games on macbooks?? since the macbooks doesnt have any graphic card... thanks for answering

some do, some don't. sometimes it depends more on whether the game was built to run on ppc or whether its a universal app then the graphics processor.

more info can be found in this thread:
what games are working on your macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
I play WOW on my MacBook ,as do many other people, It works a lot better in Windows then OS X though :(.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.