Wait for iPad3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air OS X 10.7 1.7 Intel Core i5 4GB, MacMini mid-2011
I want an iPad, but really don't need one. I need to be portable for work, and need my MacBook Pro for that.

However, it would be a fun toy. So - should I wait for the iPad3? How long might I be waiting? What have you heard might be in the iPad3? I heard something about improvements to the screen.

Gord

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I want an iPad, but really don't need one. I need to be portable for work, and need my MacBook Pro for that.

However, it would be a fun toy. So - should I wait for the iPad3? How long might I be waiting? What have you heard might be in the iPad3? I heard something about improvements to the screen.

Gord

No one knows when the next iPad will come out, nor what the specs will be. And no one WILL know until Apple announces it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air OS X 10.7 1.7 Intel Core i5 4GB, MacMini mid-2011
Understand that, but there are always guesses!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The guesses really are just that. One rumor suggested that the new model would be out before the end of the year. I highly doubt that. I could see one coming in mid/late spring. That would put it about one year from the current model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Understand that, but there are always guesses!

Guess are just that… guesses. If one was to go by Apple's history of releases of the iPhone, and the iPad thus far, the next is due one year from the release of the iPad 2. But wait! They have broken from the annual updates on the iPhone, with the iPhone 5 guestimated to be this August or September (MORE than a year later). And oh yeah… rumor has it the iPad 3 will be out this fall, well UNDER a year later. The same rumor mill that insisted the iPad 2 would be running late (it really launched "on time" about a year from the first). So here's my guess. It will launch anywhere between tomorrow and 2 years from now. Best guess.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
All the Apple products seem to release on a fairly discernible cycle..so expect an iPad 3 to be available in Q2 of 2012..a few months before that all of the Apple and tech blogs will start circulating rumors of what could be coming..so hold of on guessing at least until the rest of the Apple fan base is guessing with you..

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Keep waiting and you probably won't buy the iPad 5 either. >_<"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.