Firefox Browser tends to hang

T

the-feed.net

I just recently purchased a Mac Book Pro Dual core 2.33 Mhz which so far I love but really trying to adapt to OSX since I am a FORMER Windoooze user.

My problem is with Firefox. I just installed Firefox on my MBP and at times it seems to just hang and do nothing. This is when I browse with multiple tabs open. It seems like the browser is thinking but never comes up with what its thinking about.

Any suggestions?

I would use Safari but I love the extensions and plug-ins in Firefox. The version of Firefox that I am currently using is 2.0.

Thanks in advance.

OP
T

the-feed.net

Never mind folks, I found the solution myself. If anyone else comes across this issue its probably because you have the Google toolbar installed, in which case I did. I uninstalled the toolbar and now firefox seems to be working just fine. Dont really see why I need the toolbar so I guess it doesnt matter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch
Never mind folks, I found the solution myself. If anyone else comes across this issue its probably because you have the Google toolbar installed, in which case I did. I uninstalled the toolbar and now firefox seems to be working just fine. Dont really see why I need the toolbar so I guess it doesnt matter.

omg thank you, i've had the same problem and now i know why

Reaction score
I don 't have any problems with the Google toolbar activated. Think it must be something else.

Reaction score
I had the same problem when I had multiple tabs open, then I uninstaled google toolbar and Firefox never hang any more

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with it either.
That's because "we rock"....
icon6.gif

Reaction score
I just downloaded Firefox. I was using Camino and still have it on board in case I want to go back to it. I guess I get bored with the same browser so the switch is nice.
So far (although it's only been one day) so good, no hangups and I do have the google tool bar. I use it quite often so I hate to get rid of it but.... how do you uninstall it? Just in case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.