Problems with Windows XP

I

isabecker

Hello People,

I thought I made a successful installation of Windows XP on my Macbook, but since a few days my notebook is behaving strangely after Windows XP Welcome screen appears. Two or three seconds later the screen gets black, the Mac startup sound plays and nothing happens or sometimes Windows starts without any problem.
Does anybody know what is going on? I have no idea. Tks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Are you running xp with Bootcamp, or Parallels?

OP
I

isabecker

I've been using bootcamp. Everything was working fine and I completed the installation without problems (following all steps in the pdf guide available in Apple's Web site). The problem started after I started to install some Windows common programs. One doubt: what is the best to choose from (sorry for the ignorance)? FAT ou NTFS? :D

Reaction score
After trying to install Windows XP under BootCamp 3 times, and having weird glitches on every try, I decided to go the Parallels route.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 ghz 1.25 RAM 60 GB
After trying to install Windows XP under BootCamp 3 times, and having weird glitches on every try, I decided to go the Parallels route.

Are the parallels the same thing? Or do you have to install Windows XP again?
I wouldn't mind paying for something that would work great with both. Are parallels capable of running both of them in the same screen? Or do you have to restart, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Hello hope this helps.

Parallels Desktop for Mac is the first solution for Intel-Macs that give you the flexibility of running Windows on a Mac OS X simultaneously without rebooting. You can use Parallels Desktop for Mac on any Intel-powered iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook, MacBook Pro, & Mac Pro Towers.

You will be required to install XP after you install Parallels. There is a free trial download if you would like to give it a test at,

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/workstation/mac/

Good Luck :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.