Changing iPhone hardware, how do I keep my apps I purchased?

Reaction score
I am getting a new iphone because my other one broke. How does it work with my current apps that I purchased etc?

Do they just transfer over?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you've backed up your phone, then everything should transfer over to the new phone, including your purchased apps.

OP
DeathtoToasters
Reaction score
If you've backed up your phone, then everything should transfer over to the new phone, including your purchased apps.

Ok, the other reason I ask is that instead of immediately getting a replacement, I was thinking of waiting for the new iphone, here in about 2 weeks.

Do you think that matters?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Nope, just plug it in, select the backup, and you'll be good to go in a matter of minutes. It's what I did when I upgraded from the first gen iPhone to the 3G, and there's no reason to think it won't be just as simple for the 3GS

OP
DeathtoToasters
Reaction score
Nope, just plug it in, select the backup, and you'll be good to go in a matter of minutes. It's what I did when I upgraded from the first gen iPhone to the 3G, and there's no reason to think it won't be just as simple for the 3GS

Kewl....my only real question is that I am still within my 30 days...so they may make me refund the old one and then re-sell the new one. Hopefully they won't make me change my number. If they do, who knows what will happen at that point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Kewl....my only real question is that I am still within my 30 days...so they may make me refund the old one and then re-sell the new one. Hopefully they won't make me change my number. If they do, who knows what will happen at that point.

You get a new number and you do the same exact thing that Kash told you. :)

Apps are tied to the Apple Store ID. Not to a phone number or to a certain device.

OP
DeathtoToasters
Reaction score
You get a new number and you do the same exact thing that Kash told you. :)

Apps are tied to the Apple Store ID. Not to a phone number or to a certain device.

That is exactly what wanted to know!!

Thanks!

I also have a Blackberry curve where everything is dependent on the device code, exact opposite!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
That is exactly what wanted to know!!

Thanks!

I also have a Blackberry curve where everything is dependent on the device code, exact opposite!

Thanks!

Oh yeah I remember that! Nope not here. Tied to Apple ID :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.