Macbook Pro, spitting out dual layer DVDRs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" Core 2 Duo 2.33GHZ 2GB RAM
Hey folks

Got a problem here,

Im using a C2D 17inch Macbook Pro and I want to burn a large ISO to a dual layer DVDR, but for some reason everytime I insert one in the slot drive it will try and spin it up a few times, beep then spit it right back out. I've tried putting CD's and DVDs and for it to read and it does it fine, and the blank DVDR works fine on my windows PC. They are Verbatim Dual Layer DVD-R 8.5GB. I'm using MacOSX 10.4.11.

Any one got any suggestions to what it might be?

Reaction score
I know your MBP supports disc burning of Dual Layer but just check that in System Profiler it verifies this under Hardware ~> Disc Burning.

To launch System Profiler go the the blue Apple icon and then to About this Mac and then click on "More info..."

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
profiler.png

One thing I noticed, perhaps it only supports +R and not -R which is what I have.

Strange...

Reaction score
yep I had the same issue with my Macbook. Had to take it in and get a new drive. actually it is still in the store now, 5 days now...annoying

Reaction score
One thing I noticed, perhaps it only supports +R and not -R which is what I have.

Strange...

There you go ... no -R DL support .... hope you didn't just fork out and buy a whole stack of -R DL Discs ...

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol, na. I just moved the ISO over a crossover cable to my PC and burnt it on there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.