Altitude Game Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Running Snow Leopard out of the box
Hi, I have a couple of games about Altitude which may or may not be related to Steam

Well, I saw that Altitude was free for the weekend on Steam so I clicked to download it. I was sorta confused by the title because it said something along the lines of "Free for the weekend and half price until monday".

Here are my questions:

1. It downloaded "Altitude - 1.3 d". I'm guessing this is just a demo which will loose all the features monday (However if it isn't, please explain). I was wondering how to delete a demo game or any game for that matter because I somehow automatically downloaded "Football Manager 2010 - 1.3 d" which I don't want at all and I would like to delete this along with the demo of Altitude after it no longer has all the features.

PS - I stopped the football game mid-download so let me know if I should download it fully before attempting to delete it.

2. This one's more focused on Altitude. One time when I opened it the game wouldn't log in due to some internet problem apparently and it said to try again in five minutes. Will this happen often in the regular version? I hate not being able to pay for something I payed for. Then I tried with my internet turned off and was very surprised to find out the game doesn't work offline, even against bots. Is this the same in the full version?

3. Last time I tried to play every game got interrupted because I had too much ping. It recommended to close torrent downloaders or anything like that. The only application I had open was Steam. I tried other servers but the same thing kept happening. So... what's ping and how do I get less?...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
1. It downloaded "Altitude - 1.3 d". I'm guessing this is just a demo which will loose all the features monday (However if it isn't, please explain). I was wondering how to delete a demo game or any game for that matter because I somehow automatically downloaded "Football Manager 2010 - 1.3 d" which I don't want at all and I would like to delete this along with the demo of Altitude after it no longer has all the features.

In Steam, go to Games > View Games Library, right-click on the undesired game, select Delete Local Content.

2. This one's more focused on Altitude. One time when I opened it the game wouldn't log in due to some internet problem apparently and it said to try again in five minutes. Will this happen often in the regular version? I hate not being able to pay for something I payed for. Then I tried with my internet turned off and was very surprised to find out the game doesn't work offline, even against bots. Is this the same in the full version?

Well most likely, Steams servers are heavily bogged down due to it having only recently been released on Mac. A lot of people are hitting their servers downloading games.

3. Last time I tried to play every game got interrupted because I had too much ping. It recommended to close torrent downloaders or anything like that. The only application I had open was Steam. I tried other servers but the same thing kept happening. So... what's ping and how do I get less?...

The problem may be the same as above. It also could be the quality of your own connection. For what "ping" means…
ping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OP
Yffum
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Running Snow Leopard out of the box
Oh, thanks a bunch - you helped a lot!

I just have one more question. I have a fast reliable internet connection so the ping problem must be that Steam's servers are overloaded. However, the game reccomended creating my own server. I didn't want to because I only have a demo and it's not worth it, but if I did would I no longer have the ping issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Oh, thanks a bunch - you helped a lot!

I just have one more question. I have a fast reliable internet connection so the ping problem must be that Steam's servers are overloaded. However, the game reccomended creating my own server. I didn't want to because I only have a demo and it's not worth it, but if I did would I no longer have the ping issue?

Is this a single-player game? I suppose it wouldn't be an issue. That's kind of odd to set up a server on one's own computer just to play it solo, but if it works, so much the better. Certainly the "ping" problem would be a non-factor because that's involved with traffic between computers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.