JailBreaking- Is it worth it?

Reaction score
I have the first IPod and currently enjoy it. I was wondering if it is really worth jailbreaking it....thoughts?

Reaction score
I have the first IPod and currently enjoy it. I was wondering if it is really worth jailbreaking it....thoughts?

I assume you mean the 1st Gen iPod TOUCH? I'm not sure there's much to jailbreak in an original iPod.

So what are you hoping to accomplish with a jailbreak? It's hard to comment on the 'benefits' of jailbreaking if we don't know the purpose for wanting to jailbreak.

Personally, I'm thrilled that others have gone through the process as it gives us some good info about what's possible, etc., and I did once jailbreak my iPhone 3.

Anymore I pretty much leave it alone. It does so much now, I rely HEAVILY on my phone for my business, and the last thing I need at this point is to inadvertently turn my phone into a very attractive doorstop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Unless you have an iphone, jailbreaking an ipod touch usually is done for stealing programs. Don't do it! People work hard for those apps that someone steals. There really isn't much for the touch now that makes the jb worth it.

Reaction score
There are lots of different reasons for JailBreaking, most people I know who have done this do it to get loads of apps without paying for them.

Guess what happens? They end up with a device overflowing with Apps that they never use or play with as they have devalued them so they become worthless.

If you want to do it for the experience and just to see how to do it and what happens to your ipod once you have done it then go ahead and see what happens, if it's for the Apps then don't bother or you'll spoil your enjoyment of the device.

:)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Moved to appropriate forum. Does not belong in the off-topic forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro 2010 13 inch
i tried it. wasn't impressed. i mean if you like cute little icons and wall papers then yea, do it. it makes your phone os unstable and bloated. I think Apple has just about everything covered now software and feature wise, so i don't see the point in jail breaking anymore

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.