Little Color Pinwheel Goes Round-n-Round

Reaction score
Please / Thanks: Mac OS X 10.6.7; Firefox 6.0.2; connected via Verizon Mobile Broadband USB - in the past couple of weeks, when browsing on-line, there has been repeated (increasingly) times when I'll click on a bookmark or something in a site and after about 2-3 seconds, the maddening little colored pinwheel will show up and sit there doing its go-round business .... sometimes after up to a minute or two it will decide to go ahead with the function; many times it seems to just be stuck, so I force-shutdown and start all over. Downloaded and ran ClamXav to see if there were any buggers involved in this, but only came up with one "Trojan" file; also did the MacBook disk utility verify permissions (having read in some forum that this might help), but hasn't made any difference. Any illumination about what's going on and how to get back to the regular, quick action-response? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Questions are

Why not update to OS X.6.8

Run Repair Permissions

How much memory

Tried re-setting your modem/router

What does your ISP have to say about it all?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Questions are

Why not update to OS X.6.8

Run Repair Permissions

How much memory

Tried re-setting your modem/router

What does your ISP have to say about it all?

Love your multiple choice approach.

OP
A
Reaction score
Am at 10.6.8
Did run repair permissions

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.4f12
Serial Number (system):
Hardware UUID:
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

No modem/router (?) to reset that I know of (but the list of things I don't know of is quite long, so....): use Verizon VZAccess, Novatel Wireless, USB760 (is that what you're asking?)

No chat with ISP as of yet.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.