Super Drive - Problems playing DVD's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro Intel i5 2.53GHz, 4GB, 500GB, nVidia GT330m. iPhone 4S 16GB
Hi,

My MPB is really starting to wind me up now....

About 99% of the time I put in a DVD to watch a movie, you hear the drive boot up, it makes a few whirring sounds, then ejects the disc....

It does this with discs that have worked previously to now.

It has no problems burning DVDs, it just seems to kick up a stink when you try to watch a film.

What do I need to do... really annoying me now... as you can imagine...

Cheers,

Ben

C

chas_m

I'd say it's pretty obvious that something is wrong with the optical drive. You could try giving it a shot or two (JUST a shot or two!) of compressed air, otherwise you'll need to fix/replace the optical drive.

I use an external (firewire) superdrive when my laptop is home for exactly this reason -- my original built-in optical works fine, and I want to keep it that way. :)

OP
mrben2k8
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro Intel i5 2.53GHz, 4GB, 500GB, nVidia GT330m. iPhone 4S 16GB
I'd say it's pretty obvious that something is wrong with the optical drive. You could try giving it a shot or two (JUST a shot or two!) of compressed air, otherwise you'll need to fix/replace the optical drive.

I use an external (firewire) superdrive when my laptop is home for exactly this reason -- my original built-in optical works fine, and I want to keep it that way. :)

laaaaaaame.

Cheers for your input.

Ben

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.