noticing some needed software missing..

Reaction score
Hi,

I switched to MAC about a year ago, and for the most part, I love it. I have noticed that there are still some compaitibilty issues. For one thing, I cant upgrade my satellite box's firmware with a mac as all software is for PC.

Also, can MAC be used as a media center?

Thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi,

I switched to MAC about a year ago, and for the most part, I love it. I have noticed that there are still some compaitibilty issues. For one thing, I cant upgrade my satellite box's firmware with a mac as all software is for PC.

That's what they make Boot Camp and Parallels for - it's the best of both worlds.

Also, can MAC be used as a media center?

Thanks.

A Mac can, yes. Have you tried Front Row? It works great.

OP
V
Reaction score
but even with boot camp, i have to find windows with sp2 already on it.,

And ive heard about some serious stability issues with boot camp..

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
but even with boot camp, i have to find windows with sp2 already on it.,

And ive heard about some serious stability issues with boot camp..

Yes, you do need to buy a copy of Windows, but that should cost you less than $80 for an OEM copy that will work.

There are no serious stability issues with Boot Camp. The Mac is a PC. It uses the same CPU, same chipset, same memory, same hard drives, same graphics card - in other words, it is a PC. All Boot Camp does is prep the EFI to have a non-Apple OS installed on the machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.