• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What is Your Mac's Name?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Inspired by this thread:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54668

I have to ask, have you given your Mac a name? In the above thread, the poster calls his/hers "Lunchbox".

I thought I was the only dummy who attached names to their computers. Glad to see that I am not alone!

I called my last PC "whisper" because I bought it from a place that specialized in absolutely quiet compters (www.endpcnoise.com), and they guaranteed that it would be whisper quiet - hence the name. ...and it was (and still is) whisper quiet.

My current Mac doesn't really have a clever name, but since it is my first Mac, when I buy my next one (hopefully in a year or so, after Mac Pros are octal cores, Leopard is out, 1 TB drives are standard... ) I plan to call it

[enter groan mode]

Apple ][

[exit groan mode]

What are some of your computer names? I am sure that a creative group like this has come up with some good ones!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
I call my Mac Mini: Dora and my ibook: Diego

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I don't remember what I called my iBook, but my iMac is Whiplash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
iMac - Heidi
Mini - Maya

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Fine I'll name my iMac... How about: Ezekiel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
Dang... Now I have to name mine... I don't know what to name it. It's a white macbook with 2 gigs of ram. Anyone have any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I occasionally call my Quad or my iBook names, but none of them can be posted here...
ignore.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Dang... Now I have to name mine... I don't know what to name it. It's a white macbook with 2 gigs of ram. Anyone have any suggestions?

Well, it's white and it opens in a way that is very similar to a clam... how about "FLOTT"

B000N36TQI.01-A2HQIHN19UB214._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V47032463_.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
Well, it's white and it opens in a way that is very similar to a clam... how about "FLOTT"

LOL mmmmm I think I'll continue searching...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I named my PowerBook Cori.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I call mine Glenn Frey, because, like the Eagles song he sang, my MacBook gives me a Peaceful Easy Feeling.

On a side note, I also name all of my fishing rods. My $250 combo is called richness, my ultralight is lightness, my cheap rod is cheapness, my big baitcaster catfish rod is toughness, and my ice rod is Sir James Clark Ross whom, I believe, was the first person in documented history to reach the North Pole.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
All of my machines are named after Ford muscle cars. My desktop at work is MUSTANG65. My desktop at home is MUSTANG66 and my Windows/Ubuntu laptop is COBRA. It seemed fitting that since my Mac is running a completely different OS that I should name it after a Mercury, so it's COUGAR. Not entirely creative, I know, but if you've got to pick an arbitrary machine name, it might as well have some kind of reasoning behind it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
All of my machines are named after Ford muscle cars. My desktop at work is MUSTANG65. My desktop at home is MUSTANG66 and my Windows/Ubuntu laptop is COBRA. It seemed fitting that since my Mac is running a completely different OS that I should name it after a Mercury, so it's COUGAR. Not entirely creative, I know, but if you've got to pick an arbitrary machine name, it might as well have some kind of reasoning behind it :)

Call it...

"Pinto the Hidden Lexus!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Ibn Battuta, because he is my connection to the world.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I call mine Macky ;) Not as creative I guess. My ipod nano is Mr.Pink.

Reaction score
I named the mighty 20-megabyte hard drive in my LC that I bought in 1991 Analytical Engine, a computer never built by Charles Babbage but described by him in 1837 (his first was described in 1822).

I'd name one of the other partitions Lady Lovelace, after his colleague, but the Lovelace name, unfortunately, has other connotations now (especially if it's a computer drive). :)

Analytical Engine and the icon I use with it followed me through the years. My current machine's main partition is still Analytical Engine.

M

MacHeadCase

I called my old G4 iMac Demi-lune( = half moon in English) but uhm looks like I forgot to name the iMac G5.

Oopsy! :radioacti

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I guess I am just odd.. I don't name my Mac's. What would be the point of giving a computer a name? Do you call it over like a dog? do you talk to it? I guess i just dont see the point. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.