Get ipad screen protector (amazon) - help?

Reaction score
I just decided to put on the screen protector on my ipad, but I think I did it wrong. First of all, the thin sticky sheet has bubbles all over the screen,

DSC_0196.jpg

and the non-bubbly sheet (the stiff sheet) won't even stick onto the ipad case,

DSC_0197.jpg

What is the proper way to put this screen protector on? Which sheet? Step-by-step, please?

Thanks in advance.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That reminds me of the homeowners that tried installing their own wallpaper and messed it up, then called me wanting to know how much it would cost for me to come and fix it.

What brand is it?

Where are the directions that came with it?

Almost all of those companies have a video on their website showing you the proper way to install their screen protectors. Have you been there to watch it?

OP
AlienBZ
Reaction score
What brand is it?

It's this one. Doesn't look like it has a brand name. But it says it's sold by AccessoryOne.

ipad Screen protector

Where are the directions that came with it?

It didn't come with any directions. Only a packing/order slip.

Almost all of those companies have a video on their website showing you the proper way to install their screen protectors. Have you been there to watch it?

Don't believe this was even mentioned in the package contents. So no, I never watched that video.

I'm thinking of returning this screen protector (don't really care about the money I spent on it - only 1 cent plus S & H) and buying something better. What do you say? Recommendations? Where to buy - the local Best Buy store/Office Depot/Radio Shack?

C

chas_m

Yeah, write that one off.

There are two brands I have first-hand experience with and know that they work well: Invisible Shield and Moshi. Can't go wrong with either one.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
A lot of folks recommend the 2 chas has mentioned. I've used BodyGuardz on all my iDevices and am pretty sure I'll be getting one of their products for my MBA.

They have videos there - but be forewarned, none of these screen protectors go on as easy as the videos indicate. None of the major brands are going to look like the one you have pictured there though.

The one you have - the other sheet is the one that you should be installing.

C

chas_m

Bob: the moshi one is utterly and completely foolproof. It CANNOT be put on incorrectly or have air bubbles, because it's a different design to "stick on" sheets.

ivisorag01.jpg

You do have to take it off every few months and clean it and then put it back on, but big whoop, it's easy and works great. Been very happy with no bubbles.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That does look pretty nice.

Forgot, I have a RadTech on my iPad and like it, but it's time for a new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.