Performa 630 running 7.5

Reaction score
Hi all i am new to the forums, i have had this mac for years now but i cant get it on the internet i have installed a network card called a farallon ethernet card, in the lc comm slot and when i open the lc comm slot diagnostics it says valid ethernet cards found in slot, 0 is there a program i can download to reconise a ethernet router or somthing :D

Reaction score
so no-one can help me :( not evan welcome to the site
Welcome to the site!

Sorry I can't help you with your problem. I know next to nothing about net-connection problems, especially if the machine is behind a router. As well, System 7.5 might pose its own problems.

I've had Macs since System 7 was current but never had a problem connecting, so I wouldn't know where to look, moreso because of the modifications you did to the machine.

Don't give up hope here, yet. Someone may come by who knows what's up.

OP
P
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

Sorry I can't help you with your problem. I know next to nothing about net-connection problems, especially if the machine is behind a router. As well, System 7.5 might pose its own problems.

I've had Macs since System 7 was current but never had a problem connecting, so I wouldn't know where to look, moreso because of the modifications you did to the machine.

Don't give up hope here, yet. Someone may come by who knows what's up.

Thanks, i shall eagerly await someones advice

Reaction score
Let me look in some Mac Bibles and see whats the shake out here. Dont quit understand the problem. If the mac knows the card is there it should work
unless you need a farallon driver. You need a hub to hook it to. Then you can network other Macs and Laser printers and a web connection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.