Full Intel Mac Factory Restore in 11 mins!!

Reaction score
I just wrote this article - a working methodology - read it, try it and see how fast you can do a factory restore of your Intel Mac, WITHOUT the DVDs in around 11 mins!.

HowToBackupIntelMacRestoreDVDsToPar.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Cool! Good job on that and thanks for posting!

OP
U
Reaction score
Cool! Good job on that and thanks for posting!

Most welcome - I'm pretty certain noone else has written up on this method so far. I just got fed up with people telling me "it can't be done!". It was just a matter of time, before I sussed it out.

OP
U
Reaction score
I just wrote this article - a working methodology - read it, try it and see how fast you can do a factory restore of your Intel Mac, WITHOUT the DVDs in around 11 mins!.

HowToBackupIntelMacRestoreDVDsToPar.png
ADDENDUM:

Once you have completed the above steps, I would advise that you replace the older version of "Disk Utility" that was included on the restore DVDs, with the updated version, which you will find on a running Intel Mac.

The difference is, that there is a bug in the version of "Disk Utility" that is run from DVD, in the setup and installation environment - ver. 10.5.6(198.12) - which DOES NOT allow you to drag and drop disks/volumes/images in the "restore" area. Go to /Applications/Utilities on a working Intel Mac system, and drag "Disk Utility.app" into /Applications/Utilities on the partition "Mac OS X Restore Disc 2" that you have just finished building.

The newer version - ver. 10.5.8(198.16) doesn't have this bug, so simply overwrite the older version with the newer one. Both are universal binary, incidentally!. Trust me when I say that this will prevent MANY headaches, when stuck with a corrupted Mac, that you need to revive with an archived DMG of a working system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Thanks fella...I have made a copy of this for future reference

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.