The Mac experience

Reaction score
Hello all

I am new to the forums and had a couple of questions

After a lot of reading and comparing the pros and cons, I have decided to purchase my first Mac in the next couple of weeks. While searching online I happen to come across all of the youtube mac reviews (which i found to be very helpful). One of the things I noticed was that when people buy a mac a lot of them record the experience of unwrapping it and taking it out of the box. It seemed almost like a religious experience. lol. Anyway, I want that total mac experience too...From the moment i purchase it to the moment i hit that power button for the first time! Ya i know....I'm a geek.;D

My question is....What is everyones thoughts on purchasing a mac from the Apple store as appose to the apple website or retail stores that carry macs like best buy? Is there any pros or cons to choosing one over the other? My initial thought was going to the mac store would be the best option. Am I right or wrong? Please share your experiences. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
If you have a mac store close to you then I would suggest going there and getting it. The only plus to going to the store is you don't have to wait, but if you order online you have more configuration options. So if you want to add things to the hilt to your new mac then order online, otherwise go to the store.

Best Buy is kind of limited in some experiences, like some Best Buy's only stock the imac and macbook, without stocking the mini, macbook pro, and mac pro. They also have a limited selection in specs. Some of the Best Buys have to order in the computers that they don't show on the mac table. It all depends where you live.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro...2.4GHZ intel, 2GB Ram
I would go to the Mac store, they have almost all of the configurations, and they can help you out with any questions you have on the spot...Unless you have some sort of crazy configuration in mind, most likely the Mac store will have it.

Reaction score
Mac store hands down. I had an issue with my Mac that they resolved and the whole time I got the feeling that really cared about the customer and their mac experience.

Dealing with people like Best Buy Ive always got the feeling they were working there until they got their real job. Plus Im betting if you bought anything Mac there and had a question they would just say ....call Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
I wouldn't buy a candybar at Best Buy.

:)

Apple store all the way.

T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
One of the things I noticed was that when people buy a mac a lot of them record the experience of unwrapping it and taking it out of the box. It seemed almost like a religious experience. lol. Anyway, I want that total mac experience too...From the moment i purchase it to the moment i hit that power button for the first time! Ya i know....I'm a geek.;D
Just remember that you must face Cupertino as you first open the box. It's a sort of Apple Feng Shui. Lol!!!!!!

In the end, a Mac is a computer. If it can satisfy your needs, then you'll do fine. If it can't, then no amount of YouTube digital rapture will change that. The real magic though is when you do things with your Mac that you never knew you could do.

I purchased a refurb through the Apple website, even though I have a few Apple stores nearby. I think if you go through Apple, whether a store or their website, you'll do just fine. Good luck and enjoy

Reaction score
I just bought mine form the Macmall because I am cheap! Hundred bucks off the retail price and 8.25% off in the tax I would have to pay here in Texas. When its all said and done I paid about $250 less than going to the mac store.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. We have two mac stores about an hour away from where i live so i think i will definitely try the apple store.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply. I appreciate it.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.