Album artwork, itunes.

Reaction score
Hi, new member here, so apologies if this has already been covered...

I've Just transferred my sizeable music collection from PC to Mac, but only a handful of album covers will appear in Mac itunes.
Ive done all the authorising of account and computer stuff but still a huge amount of albums won't show covers.
I can't be arsed to add all the artwork to each individual album.

So, can anyone recommend a good album cover app? Seems to be loads out there, just something simple, no need for any other functuality.

Thanks.

G30

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 160GB HD 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3 Snow Leopard OSX 20" FS Moniter
Were they on you PC before transfer (the artwork)? I have some that just arent available probably about 20 CDS. I know I can get them but I just deal with it, like you said....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
are you sure you're signed in to your itunes account when clicking "get album artwork"??

OP
D
Reaction score
Good call. I found the artwork files in two folders called 'cache' and 'download' in the itunes folder on the PC.
Now the problem is there are no folders in the Mac itunes folder that have these folders.
Anyone know where I can put these folders so the artwork shows in itunes? assuming that art files from PC itunes will work on the Mac version.

OP
D
Reaction score
Well, seems that just having the artwork files on the Mac HD was enough, all artwork now happily restored.
:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.