iPad 2G?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mid 2010, 2.4 gHZ processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB hard drive.
What can we expect to see? And when can we expect to see it?

C

chas_m

Facetime, and a year from now.

(seriously, people who think the next version of the iPad is going to have everything they can think up are going to be SORELY disappointed.)

OP
amanda.a.p
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Facetime, and a year from now.

(seriously, people who think the next version of the iPad is going to have everything they can think up are going to be SORELY disappointed.)

So, the Christmastime rumors aren't coming true? And Facetime is really all we're getting? I was hoping for more memory... =/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
So, the Christmastime rumors aren't coming true? And Facetime is really all we're getting? I was hoping for more memory... =/

Think about it for a moment it is just know available in other countries and they
are still in so much demand supplies are very limited so its possible but not probable.

OP
amanda.a.p
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Think about it for a moment it is just know available in other countries and they
are still in so much demand supplies are very limited so its possible but not probable.

Very true. I have high hopes for more memory and a flash video player in addition to facetime.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
C'mon! The iPad has only been out since March and they can't make them fast enough. The next thing you can look forward to is the release if iOS4 which is "rumored" to be some time this fall.

And is that really you in the hammock???

C

chas_m

Nobody here (including me) knows for certain. We're all just speculating.

I wouldn't expect any more storage (if that's what you meant) anytime soon; there are worldwide constraints on flash RAM caused largely by the present demand for Apple devices.

If you want the "christmastime" iPad, buy it now -- because that's the one that will be available at Christmas (only even harder to get than it is now!). Apple can't keep up with demand as it is, they do not generally update models "for the **** of it" so they will likely wait until demand drops off or competitors actually come up with something better (and again, if that's the criteria we'll ALL be waiting a long time).

The fact of the matter is that the iPad is working incredibly well, and generating incredible word of mouth right now, because ... well, because its awesome right now. As is.

Why Apple would even THINK about wrecking that with a newer model anytime soon ... it's just bizarre to even contemplate. Sounds like something MS would do in terms of shooting themselves in the foot and de-incentivizing early adopters ...

PS. If you're holding out for flash -- just give up. NA GA HA PEN.

OP
amanda.a.p
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C'mon! The iPad has only been out since March and they can't make them fast enough. The next thing you can look forward to is the release if iOS4 which is "rumored" to be some time this fall.

And is that really you in the hammock???

Yeah, guess that's just wishful thinking =/ and yep, it is, why?

OP
amanda.a.p
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nobody here (including me) knows for certain. We're all just speculating.

I wouldn't expect any more storage (if that's what you meant) anytime soon; there are worldwide constraints on flash RAM caused largely by the present demand for Apple devices.

If you want the "christmastime" iPad, buy it now -- because that's the one that will be available at Christmas (only even harder to get than it is now!). Apple can't keep up with demand as it is, they do not generally update models "for the **** of it" so they will likely wait until demand drops off or competitors actually come up with something better (and again, if that's the criteria we'll ALL be waiting a long time).

The fact of the matter is that the iPad is working incredibly well, and generating incredible word of mouth right now, because ... well, because its awesome right now. As is.

Why Apple would even THINK about wrecking that with a newer model anytime soon ... it's just bizarre to even contemplate. Sounds like something MS would do in terms of shooting themselves in the foot and de-incentivizing early adopters ...

PS. If you're holding out for flash -- just give up. NA GA HA PEN.

Yep, I did mean storage. Why on earth does Apple need to be so stubborn with the flash? I'm not really "holding out" for anything, just curious.

Reaction score
Type "thoughts on flash" into a search engine to find the article Steve Jobbs wrote about it. Basically, he's using iOS as a weapon in the format war between HTML5 and flash. He believes HTML5 is superior and at the only way it will become standard is if an immensely popular device does not support flash (so developers will be forced to use the superior format in place of the common one, making the superior one into the new standard).

And while all that makes sense, I still wish I could watch my flash video programs on my iPad...

OP
amanda.a.p
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Type "thoughts on flash" into a search engine to find the article Steve Jobbs wrote about it. Basically, he's using iOS as a weapon in the format war between HTML5 and flash. He believes HTML5 is superior and at the only way it will become standard is if an immensely popular device does not support flash (so developers will be forced to use the superior format in place of the common one, making the superior one into the new standard).

And while all that makes sense, I still wish I could watch my flash video programs on my iPad...

I heard all about it, and yeah, it makes sense but I don't wanna pay for Hulu!!! :(

OP
amanda.a.p
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well... um... it is a very nice hammock! :Blushing:

Hmm... well, I'd have to agree :)
You know, just because I'm not totally clueless about computers doesn't mean I have to be ugly ;)

C

chas_m

LOL!

I respectfully disagree with VonStoven. The reason Apple precludes Flash on mobile devices has nothing at all to do with an agenda or a feud or stubborness.

The problem is that Flash doesn't work well on mobile devices. Any mobile device. In fact, I don't think there are yet any mobile devices that are running Flash yet, are there? It's been in beta forever and Adobe can't get it out the door (or couldn't deliver in a timely fashion).

Steve, in his essay, left the door wide open for Flash -- but it has to be efficient, lightweight and equally good on all platforms (read: Apple). He essentially said, "when you've got something like that, give us a call."

Adobe hasn't called.

HTML5 clearly isn't better than Flash at everything, and nobody at Apple has ever said that. What HTML5 *is* better at is in being open, being available to all platforms and browsers equally, and in demanding far fewer resources to do the jobs it does. Steve is absolutely right that the web in general should not be so dependent on a proprietary delivery mechanism -- be it Adobe, be it Microsoft, be it Apple.

C

chas_m

I heard all about it, and yeah, it makes sense but I don't wanna pay for Hulu!!! :(

Sorry, but demand creates an opportunity for profit. Welcome to capitalism.

(not that I don't agree with you -- the thing has ads already, after all ...)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
Well... um... it is a very nice hammock! :Blushing:

Hmm... well, I'd have to agree :)
You know, just because I'm not totally clueless about computers doesn't mean I have to be ugly ;)

Well I was just trying, in a diplomatic and politically correct way, to pass along a compliment. It is so hard to do that these days!

OP
amanda.a.p
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I was just trying, in a diplomatic and politically correct way, to pass along a compliment. It is so hard to do that these days!

Meh, politically correct is way overrated :) but thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Hi guys, there's already another thread on this. I'm going to close this, please use the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.