Is there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26GHz 13.3" Macbook Pro
Ok, just curious,

Is there any new Macbook (Not Macbook Pro) coming out soon? It seems about time for a new one. I have looked at a few rumors, but they just left me more confused. So, has anyone heard about a new Macbook coming to Apple?

Thanks,

-JacobCole-
JacobCole.com

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
It happened last week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have looked at a few rumors, but they just left me more confused.
That's because many of them are intentionally ambiguous.
So, has anyone heard about a new Macbook coming to Apple?
Bottom line... No. Nobody but Apple knows what's coming out before it comes out. Nobody ever has, nobody ever will, and unless you see it on Apple's site... it's not true and thereby worthless speculation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you're talking about a new design, then I'm just going to point you to the post above me. But if you're talking about a small upgrade similar to the Macbook Pro Santa Rosa update a couple months ago, then I'll direct you to the post below yours.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In reply to the first dude, I mean more of a major upgrade.

That's because many of them are intentionally ambiguous.
Bottom line... No. Nobody but Apple knows what's coming out before it comes out. Nobody ever has, nobody ever will, and unless you see it on Apple's site... it's not true and thereby worthless speculation.

In reply to you,

I kind of disagree, I have read many Mac rumor's that are true, and do, in fact come to pass. Most of the mac rumors that I have read, have, indeed come to pass

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I have read many Mac rumor's that are true, and do, in fact come to pass. Most of the mac rumors that I have read, have, indeed come to pass

If there are 1,000 guesses one of them is bound to be correct.. it does not make the guess any more legitimate than all the other guesses.

My insider tells me FOR SURE that 10.5.1 will be released within the next 4 months.. AND it will have some GREAT fixes.. just fyi.

Also.. Yes... Apple will unveil a new MacBook design "soon".

:D:D

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If there are 1,000 guesses one of them is bound to be correct.. it does not make the guess any more legitimate than all the other guesses.

My insider tells me FOR SURE that 10.5.1 will be released within the next 4 months.. AND it will have some GREAT fixes.. just fyi.

Also.. Yes... Apple will unveil a new MacBook design "soon".

:D:D

Great way of putting it! I guess I just read the "guesses" that have been guessed by lots of people.

I really cannot wait for the new Macbook design!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Most of the mac rumors that I have read, have, indeed come to pass
I'll admit, about 15 years ago I thought the same thing. Then I started to really read those "prognostications" and found that they really don't tell you much of anything. They don't come from Apple. They are from market analysts, investors, tech-bloggers... basically from anyone BUT an actual source at Apple.
In the calendar year 2005 to 2006, rumor sites scored about a 30/100 (and that is being very generous). In all, they scored:

11 partially to mostly correct predictions
8 completely incorrect predictions
11 completely missed announcements

In a total of 30 situations, they only got 11 of them partially to mostly correct. Rarely, if ever, do they get anything spot on. You can also see that for everything they got "correct" (I use the term loosely here), they completely missed something else all together. In short, their odds of getting something right are no better than simple chance... and that is pretty much par for the course.

So... in all my years of using Apple products, watching Apple release products, and hearing about the crazy rumors and predictions people come up with about Apple releasing products... the rumor mills get it wrong much more often than they get anything even close to right. That being said, I can say with at least some degree of knowledge and authority that rumor sites are mostly crap.
:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.