best music backup from iphone4 to mac osx6 (both free & paid)

Reaction score
eventhough ive had every version of iphone since first generation to iphone4, ive recently made the inevitable switch from pc to mac. with pc i had a program called ipod2computer for backing up all my music from ipod/iphone to computer but only supports pc. in the appple they recommended kennettnet which looks pretty good. i dont mind paying a little bit of $ for a program like this since i will use a lot & dont want any problems with my new mac like i had with my pc (which is the reasin i got a mac). any suggestions??? one point to add, i finally saw the post dealing with this where a lot of people tried a program called senuTi but am not thrilled reading user reviews.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
iTunes. It is free and comes with your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
iTunes. It is free and comes with your Mac.

... right click your iPod/ iPhone and click "Backup"

It is quite magical ;)

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
hmmm...i guess he meant 10.6 :s i dont know if os 6 had itunes back then :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
hmmm...i guess he meant 10.6 :s i dont know if os 6 had itunes back then :p

10.6 is Snow Leopard OS 6 though would be an entirely different thing :p

- Simon

OP
E
Reaction score
music back up (again)!

i realize that i can transfer directly to itunes but i am speaking of putting back into my iphone4. meaning when i hook up iphone 4 to my new mac for the first time its gonna say that its already synced with another itunes or library, which is true, my existing pc. ive done this b4 & all the songs transfer to the new library but the songs are greyed out where you cannot highlight them to play. this is why i purchased a program for my old pc but not compatible with macs. this is what im talking about, maybe there is a way w/o downloading a program. and as far as the version my mac is, when i click on the apple & hit "about this mac" it shows mac os x version 10.6.6 which must be the latest since i just got less than a week ago. sorry for the confusion just new to the mac world which i am love with, thanx for all your help & input! I NEED TO GET ALL MY MUSIC BACK INTO MY IPHONE 4! and again, im aware of programs like kennettnet, senuti, etc. just which ones r the best or is there even a great free one out there???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.