Create New Thread in Mac Forums

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Go to a particular forum and the New Thread button is VERY visible on top..this is in the Switcher Hangout...

(outdated link removed)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The "Post new Thread" button is on every sub forum..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
Most, if not all, forums require you to navigate to the sub forum where you want to post your thread. Until you arrive there, you will not find a "Create Thread" button (how will the forum software know where to place your thread?).

It's very useful to look at the list of sub forums and find the one that best applies to the thread you are creating, so that the moderators don't have to move it for you. This works to your benefit. If your thread is in the wrong place, it may be missed by members who may be able to answer your question and once moved, it will automatically be placed in chronological order in its correct sub forum , which could mean it will appear further down the list than if it had been put in the right place right off the bat.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Unless something has broken recently you can start a new thread from the main Mac-Forums page. Scroll part way down the page to the "Start A Discussion" area on the right side of the page. From there enter your title and messages in the appropriate boxes. The Category drop down menu lets you choose a sub forum.The Publish button posts the thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
Unless something has broken recently you can start a new thread from the main Mac-Forums page. Scroll part way down the page to the "Start A Discussion" area on the right side of the page. From there enter your title and messages in the appropriate boxes. The Category drop down menu lets you choose a sub forum.The Publish button posts the thread.

No, nothing's broken. It's still there. That's a great idea, particularly since it requires the selection of a sub forum rather than having a default. I don't think I've seen that in any of the other forums I frequent, including some that use vBulletin software.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", MacbookPro 17", Sierra on iMac, iPad Pro, cell, iPhone 6
You just save from jumping out the window after searching endlessly for new posts.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You just save from jumping out the window after searching endlessly for new posts.
Glad to help. Especially if doing so avoids a disaster. BTW I don't recommend jumping out the window without a well-packed parachute. It might prove quite painful.:Smirk:

Also, if you are trying to find the new posts to read, there is a link at the top of the page. In the gray area just below the words Home/Forum are the words "New Posts". That is a working link. Clicking it will show you all new posts since your last login.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.