speakers arent working

Reaction score
I am running windows on a dell. But any of you who run vista in a mac or windows pc should know, hopefully. If you click control panel on vista then type in sounds and click on Sound(picture of a speaker) under playback it should show your laptops speakers, well if you right click you see disable. I clicked that and then it deleted the speakers off of the list, now they don't work, how do I fix this???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
They should be detected again on the next reboot. If they're not, try removing the sound device from the hardware tree and reboot. Vista will "see" it and the speakers again. In some cases, you may have to run the detect new hardware wizard.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I still in the right place ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I still in the right place ?

Yeah, you're in the right place, it was the other guy who got lost - sort of. Even Windows users know where they can get good info. :)

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
They should be detected again on the next reboot. If they're not, try removing the sound device from the hardware tree and reboot. Vista will "see" it and the speakers again. In some cases, you may have to run the detect new hardware wizard.

Regards.

I reboot 2x nothing was there. How do you run the detect the new hardware wizard?

OP
A
Reaction score
If anyone else has this problem once you get to the sound part, right click in the hdmi speaker and select disabled speakers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should be able to "detect new hardware" from Control Panel, "Add Hardware". That will kick in the new hardware wizard.

By the way, whenever you remove a piece of hardware in Windows, do it as a hardware profile so that it's not completely gone for good.

For additional help on Vista, Microsoft has some very good public forums on Vista. Start by going here.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
For additional help on Vista, Microsoft has some very good public forums on Vista. Start by going here.

Meh. Not as flashy IMO. Let him stay on these forums, maybe one day he'll get tired of things not working on his PC and get a Mac. ;D

OP
A
Reaction score
Meh. Not as flashy IMO. Let him stay on these forums, maybe one day he'll get tired of things not working on his PC and get a Mac. ;D

I am selling my laptop tomorrow on craigslist, like Im meeting the person and Ill get 500 bucks.
Im getting a mac like I think in 2 weeks.
Should I get the base macbook pro 13" or base 21.5" imac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.