How to use Airport Express?

Reaction score
How can I listen to Slacker.com through my home speakers with airport express using a wireless network?

Reaction score
How can I listen to Slacker.com through my home speakers with airport express using a wireless network?

You should start your own thread for this. What do you mean by home speakers? Connected to a computer? Computer connected to a stereo system? More info please!

OP
S
Reaction score
Airport Express

I want to play Slacker.com through my home theatre system. I purchased airport express and it is hooked up with an audio cord to the system. I can't choose airport and the wireless internet at the same time. Is there a fix? I have tried the client route with no success. The issue seems to be wireless as I am able to do this without issue in my office where I connect directly to the internet with a cable/

Reaction score
Not the way that you are doing it and to be honest, I have never used an express so I can't help you.

If the express can play music and other sounds via speakers wirelessly then you will need to plug that into your stereo and then use your laptop to connect to slacker.com.

FYI, if you start your own thread you might get more help.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: moved to it's own thread. Please do not hijack someone else's thread with something totally unrelated. It makes it near impossible for anyone to provide help to either of you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
You cannot play general audio through Airtunes unless you buy a program
Rogue Amoeba | Airfoil | Select Your Operating System
It isn't free but you can play any audio to the Airport Express. I use this with my computers, my Airport Expresses, and Napster, video, and any system audio. You can try it for free - it works for 10 minutes then puts on digital noise when you are in trial mode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.